Can someone explain exactly what a HQ does, I think it helps increase moral & readiness...but I just would like to see some exact stats are.

Also how does supply lines work? Like it seems like I can almost alway reinforce a unit, but more often than not units supply will go down and so will there readiness & moral. Can someone expalain how thsi works?

HQs are Supply Supply Supply

They are the backbone of all fighting Units, if you want an offensive, bring a good HQ, the more experience the better. HQs, take Supply from Ports and cities, they translate that into Power for the Units under their command. The Manual describes the formulas for HQ and Supply. Without a good HQ and good Supply, your units are Fodder against an able Foe, with it they're dangerous.. You need to know the distance the HQ supports, which HQ is charge of what, and if you goto a region like N.Africa which Rating you'll need in order to progress quickly with your campaign.

Not as important as it was in SC1 however, still very important.. Rating 9 or 8 is great for those far off conflicts or for the most vital Offensives

Hubert, since you so kindly answers questions asked to you, and you yourself don't yet know when the next patch will be ready, could you tell us if saved games run in version 1.02 will still be playable in version 1.03? (I know 1.01 files were compatibles to 1.02 but 1.00 were not.)

I am currently hesitating in starting new multiplayer games since i might not be able to finish them with the patch coming out. (i know i could delay patching once its out, but potential adversaries won't)

You can still finish 1.02 games by keeping a second install at the same computer (this way you even don´t need your second license since at the same computer you can install it as many times as you wish smile.gif ).

So when the patch is out, just install the game again in a different directory and update only one of your now 2 installations to 1.03. This way you can start new games with 1.03 and finish your old games with 1.02.

It is only a question of dedicatin Konigs.

The difference between Terif and everyone else is dedication to study all the scripts and take the time to calculate the odds of the game, the timetables.

There is no secret to SC2, just like SC1. But Terif to his great credit took the time to study every aspect AND bring it all together (that is the key).

Terif has more than just dedication, he's a very skilled person to figure out what his enemies will do next. He has an intuitive feel for each move of his opponent, I have noticed most times he will anticipate my moves and counter them. Rarely being wrong. In my last Axis game vs him, in SC1 I gave him a tough match but he still won because of his patterns. They were unpredictable and all based in MPPs. Every move was done with a gain just about with little error. I gave him a few 7 Round fight but I couldn't go beyond.

Guys like HellRaiser, Avatar, DragonHeart or Rambo all have bested him. So they must study his artform a bit too. I am not that anal about Strategic Command perfection. I just like to play a good game, throw in my two cents and have a good show, even if it's dead even with a 5-15% winning difference. I don't mind.. It's the battle not the victory that counts, it's not real life...

Learn though, play guys like Terif, lose to him 50 times and you'll be 10 xs better though he is annoyed with players who never learn I noticed. ::smiles::

I am learning its about the personality playing opposite me more than than square 99,14 needing a ZOC to prevent partisans. Yes, Terif has pulled apart the scripts 1st, and applied that knowledge to his playing. Terif said it one post a while back, "Do the unexpected, and your opponent won't know what to expect".

I have played Blashy in his version of SC2, and he had some very suprising moves. Liam plays much different than Blashy, and will prove a challenging foe come '42-'43. I gleaned enough information from reading Rambo posts to surprise him a bit, and we have a Donnybrook going into late '44, possibly heading to a stalemate in '47.

Learn as much about the game as you can, and treat it like chess. Know your gambits, what the capabilities of your forces are, and a scientific study of a game turns into artful play that people marvel at.