While trying the demo, I left Warsaw ungarrisoned. As expected, the Soviet readiness spiked due to the script, but I also received a nice popup (axis_report_1940.bmp) from the Media folder. This is a great feature, but I don't see how you can replicate this feature in scripts as there is no obvious tie. Will there be a way to do this is the final release?

Thanks

ebitt,

As Bill noted the Editor and Scripts are much more powerful in Weapons and Warfare giving much more flexibility to boot. None of the in game events, such as the popup you received, are hard coded allowing for very moddable scenarios and custom work.

In fact, I for one am looking forward to what else the mod community will be able to come up with when the new feature set becomes available smile.gif

A very good point. One of the problems we had with SC2 is that experienced players know where to position troops to avoid partisans, but inexperienced players do not. In fact you had to actually look into the scripts to find out just what was needed (gamey). I like some notification in advance to alert the player of some kind of action needed in advance of the partisan activity.