Operational Movement & Morale

It takes me a day or two to get back to normal after flying from the West Coast to the East Coast. I'd imagine a week of traveling back then was a bit more difficult then it is today.

A German unit being op moved from Northern Russia to Paris, Italy or Greece should have their moral rise by about 90%- cramped trains or not. Overall it makes more sense to drop readiness than moral, but as it affects readiness it pretty much comes out even.

Not so RJ. My Wehrmacht boys in Russia have Bearskin hats and coats, with waterproof overcoats. They drink only the finest vodka and plenty of schnapps from the Fatherland is at their disposal.

Food is plentiful as is their female companionship. Their fires are constantly stoked with aromatic wood and they are free to enjoy winter sports. They never would board a train to the west if not ordered to. :D

One problem though....they don't like to fight too much in the winter.

LOL, operational movement where is the question. A Soldat being operated to Paris(Champagne and Lady's of the Night, a virtual Vacation. Remeber why most join the army, to get out and party) I think would be Smiling that or some Adriatic Coastline where there are no enemies and nothing but girls on nude beaches?

Now being operated to Smolensk with three quarters of a million angry Russians waiting for you there, in the Middle Winter, maybe a different Scenario.