Doesn't seem right "Naval" issue

Maybe I'm missing something here,but why would a naval unit get stopped and not be able to move when

it contacts another countries ship/sub, when the countries are not at war yet. Also the allies shouldn't be able to freely recon the map with their

ships without any cost to readiness. I know the Americans can raise Spain's readiness in SC2, but it

doesn't seem to happen in Global Conquest.

One idea to consider is not allowing major power neutral fleets to move further than 5 tiles from the closest city of that neutral nation until war readiness is greater than 80%, for example.

Thus Italian units could freely move between Libya and Italy while Italy is neutral but American naval units can't move far from the American coast.

Neutral blockading is a bit gamey. It's something that is a house rule in many games. Plus people can use say a US Transport to scout U-boats... A neat idea is this... a 30%-%40 chance if a US transport meets a U-boat it's mistaken for a English one and is sunk! I highly doubt US Ships would be prowling around the Atlantic in U-boat infested waters anyways! tongue.gif heheheh, talk about a penalty