Questions about Strategic Command 2 and its expansion

I've bought Strategic Command 2 a few weeks ago on ebay Germany (looks like it is very rare here).

My version has a different cover and no "Blitzkrieg" in the title

strategiccommand2.jpg

Now i've seen this on German amazon.de (release was October 24th.)

New version of SC2?

I thought it's an expansion, but obviously this is not the case.

Is this version just a second edition?

More questions:

1. The weapons and warfare expansion is not available right now for the German version.

Will it be released in the near future, or is there no plans for a German version?

Will it be available in stores or online only?

2. If i buy the bundle (SC2+WaW), will i get two separate game boxes (i'm a collector), or just the CDs and manuals without any boxes?

3. I haven't seen a copy of SC2 on ebay.com or anywhere outside Germany.

Was SC2 ever released in the USA?

Same with SC: there is one offer on ebay.com (cd in a paper sleeve, that's it), but several auctions on ebay.co.uk and .de

Kalypso is either the old or the new german publisher.

But the picture you've linked on amazon is definately SC2 and not the expansion.

1 There will be a German release by a new publisher since the old one went out of business.

It will be a bundle and the new release won't be compatible with the old german original game i believe :(

2 No idea about that.

3 Yes it was released outside Germany

Hubert will probably have more info on this though ;) I'm just a player.

Hi Volcatius,

YEs you got the GErman Version of the games. It was published by "Most wanted games" Alas they are out of buiseness.

THe new Publisher will release a new SC"+ Addon bundle which you can preorder on Amazon.de right now.

SC" + SC! have been most sold directly by the publisher Battlefront.com. As they are like stardock a small publisher its more profitable for them to sell their games directly without the retail chains...

P:S: Panzerliga.de is a good site for looking for players in gErmany for SC1 and sC2 . But beware human vs human is like going to be swimming with the sharks at first ;) They are much stronger than the aI

Thank you for all the answers.

So is the new SC2 Blitzkrieg (including the expansion) released in German or English?

I thought WaW is not available in German yet?

I wouldn't mind buying the English version at amazon.de (probably even better for patches/mods), but "availability 3-6 weeks"...

volcatius,

The current Kalypso release is a full German language release and may be available in other locations other than Amazon.de. For example I believe it will be available in retail in Germany as well.

Other than that I unfortunately don't know more of the details but you could always contact them or your local retail distributor on exactly when it might be available.

For the English version this is currently only available via Battlefront and of course all versions will be fully supported via patches as they always have been.

****... and I just ordered the english version... Knowing this before would have saved me money. I checked the Kalypso website, but they didn`t mention that WaW is included. Not really good Marketing.

I decided to buy the english bundle because I was told that the german version doesn`t work with WaW. Knowing in advance that that Kalypso sells the new bundle in german for 30 Euros would have been very helpful.