USSR/Western Allies/Italy as computer controlled or separately playable

Does anyone remember that in the last version of "Clash of Steel" one could (if one wanted to) play the Western Allies or USSR separately (leaving the other to the computer)? It actually only really worked in the later "Future Edition", but there it was great because it is a much bigger challenge to win against the AI this way. (You really would hold your breath as Allies when Barbarossa started because you could not directly intervene!)

Is there any chance that this option could be added in a patch? And if so, then I think an analogous option regarding the Axis (leave Italy or Germany to the computer) would be another step towards making SC2 immortal. smile.gif

Spinello

I thought originally that 6 players was how SC2 was going to be. You could just set it as player 1 controling all allies and player 2 controling all axis if you just wanted a classic style 1v1 game.

I was sad to see that it was not so :(

I have thought a lot about how cool it would be to let the computer take over any side/country at any time using your own AI scripts. Imagine the best script writers battling it out against each other maybe with the option of adding new scripts during play =)

Might sound a bit geekish, but I think it would speed up the development of both scenarios and the the AI.

/Kristian

I think the major use for this feautre will not be have 6 players, but playing the Axis without having to play the Italians or play the Allied with only having to play the Russians.
TJ, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised

To see somethng such as this

A few more clicks... down the road. :cool: