Originally posted by John C:

I personally haven't seen anything from him that would warrent such a stern rebuke....

I stand corrected.

Add mine to the votes that this thread be closed and that appropriate messages be conveyed.

Guest Mike
Originally posted by Chris G:

Quote - Winston Churchill

No, it isn't. He never said anything even vaguely like it.

You are a liar.

Other forum users - Can't you see that he's an immature idiot amusing himself by trying to get a rise out of you and it's working?

Moderators - I'm new here, but it seems like normal rules aren't being applied? For your reasons and ours, could you (like most forums I use) apply rules like:

1. political (better still any non SC2) talk outside the "general" and "political" forums gets transferred there and gets a warning.

2. racist or otherwise offensive posts get deleted and get a warning.

3. repeat after a warning gets a ban.

I don't want to have to wade through this childish nonsense to use the forum for what it was intended.

markpoll

Let this run its course, that's all.

It's much healthier to see everyone coming together against this guy than it would be if everyone came together to support what he's saying.

As for responding to him, initially it made sense because he seemed like a sincere neo-nazi spouting his invective. Having gone through something like that myself, as a child, I always try to turn other people away from that insanity. I'm sure others have similar motives in their early responses to ChrisG. Which is good -- I'd like to see all nazis convinced that they're wrong rather than just seeing them banned and going off somewhere to brood and get worse.

But by now it's obvious that he's a more a troll than anything else. You're right, but it really doesn't need to be stated. The forum will straighten itself shortly. In all probability the moderators are giving this guy enough rope so when he hangs nobody can accuse them of being against him from the start.

So, instead of messianic remarks that come off the wrong way -- no offense, but you aren't part of the team that runs the place and we don't need any more chiefs in the tribe -- it would be better to just post as normal about the game or about historical situations, economic, political or other related topics. And let the trolls run their course while being shown to the nearest exit.

Jersey John

What planet are you from? "messianic remarks", "we don't need any more chiefs...."? You do have a high opinion of yourself don't you. I'm guessing you're one of those "I have 6000 posts so I own the site" kind of guys.

Moderators

Some of the comments made recently are not only offensive, they are illegal, at least where I'm viewing the site. Not that this should be a prerequisite, but I am an older German (now living in Australia), who lost family in the camps. Surely, it's reasonable for me to come here for information about a computer game I've just bought from you without being exposed to a debate about the camps,let alone Chris G's David Irving type rantings or Jersey John's "who gave you permission to speak Mr 12 posts" nonsense.

[ May 28, 2006, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: markpoll ]

markpoll

Thanks for a good laugh. Yeah, I'm the one with a too high opinion of myself heh? I'm the one running around posting guidelines for the moderators, right?

One of those "I have 6,000 posts so I own the place types." Well, how many of us are there?

Anyway, it's not as bad as being one of those I have 14 posts so I own the place types.

-- Especially as half of your posts have been to act like you're calling the shots.

So what planet are you from? Your lordship.

markpoll,

After writing the above post I said in another thread that I'd be breaking the arrow, burying the hatchet and all the rest.

So please read those remarks the context they were written in. No point deleting or altering it now.

And of course everyone has a right to voice their opinions regardless of post count. My objections are regarding other issues.

-- All of which has already been hashed out, so I'm leaving this matter and hoping it does not get dredged up again.

@Sir Jersey

"Never argue with idiots. First they drag you down to their level and then they beat you with experience."

Everyone who knows this place at least a bit knows the high quality of even your avarage writings here, not to mention your many many high quality stuff.

Carry on with your good work, keep your spirit up and don't honor these unknown little barkers with your responses. Please!

smile.gif

Brother X,

Many thanks, appreciated and your own posts have always been right up there with the best of them. smile.gif

Now that the dust is settling I think markpoll had good intentions in the things he said and will go on to offer many outstanding contributions to the forum.

-- A large part of the friction stemmed from the way I went about saying what I felt. Instead of mentioning post counts at all, it would have been better for me to have said that nobody, regardless of how long they've been here or how many posts they've racked up, should be telling the moderators how the place ought to be run. It might still have caused a flap, but at least it wouldn't have come off as large number vs small number, which wasn't what I was getting at.

Oh well, live and learn. :D

Thanks again, Mr X. smile.gif

Even forum admins have a day of vacation once in a while. Since I don't fancy the thought of having to read through the various threads to find out who said what, I pick the second best option: padlock-o-rama!

Martin