CMBB - CMAK TCP graphics

Hello,

Im having a strange problem when i play CMBB or CMAK TCP game. When i host and play someone using a made up game from the editor the bottom of my screen is black so i cant issue orders to my troops, or move screen around, or see the parameters window. I still can play this way but its hard as i have to use my mouse and figure out where everything is at.

I dont seem to have this problem when i host a game that is a QB, all seems fine then.

Joe

What OS, videocard and video driver do you have ? Is this the BFC or CDV versions of these games ?

Generally I've heard of this problem in the past (TCP/IP games come up with blank/black control area), but didn't have an absolutely conclusive solution for the problem. I think this is the first time I've heard that someone was able to limit the problem to pre-made scenarios that they are hosting while QBs were fine in TCP/IP, further complicating the possible solution.

When you click on a 'button' area, does the button/control graphic come up at that point or does it remain black (but your action is executed) ? Do you know if scenario size has any impact on this problem (i.e. - a smaller pre-made scenario not showing the problem) ?

In the past suggested solutions have be to update (or possible downgrade) your video driver, sound driver and/or network driver (assuming that you're playing TCP/IP via a high-speed connection that utilizes an ethernet network connection).

You may also want to check that nothing else is running (preferably) in the background, especially internet-communicating utilities (instant messenger clients, etc.).

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Hoolaman:

A simple possibility is to alt+tab out of the game and back in and see if the screen refreshes itself.

I sometimes have graphical corruption after doing this so maybe it works both ways.

I get this often if I alt-tab in and out of a game mmore than a couple of times. Sometimes alt-tabbing out and then back in clears it up, sometimes the game has to be stopped and restarted from the saved game file. This could be a different problem though, as I've never had the symtems you described.