Tribute to Jim Boggs!

Wow, you seen the readme file for the D-day scenario?

"On June 6th 1944 combined US, British and Canadian forces assaulted the German held beaches of Normandy. In order to maintain the

offensive a port was badly needed that could bring in additional troops and supplies and thus the vital capture of the port city of

Cherbourg. This was no small task and was assigned to the command of Major-General J. Lawton 'Lightning Joe' Collins. In memory

of this event and in memory of the late Jim Boggs, a long standing Battlefront and Strategic Command community member, we have

renamed the Collins Headquarters to Boggs HQ."

Very very well done. Glad I saw it.

Originally posted by Blashy:

May I inquirer as to who was Jim Boggs in the community?

The name is familiar.

He was a real joker and a good friend from the old guard. He was once banned by Moon, accused of beeing JerseyJohn. However it was all a mistake and they were both reinstated.

This event was the high tide of the infamous christmas riot and occured in early january 2003.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

In memory

of this event and in memory of the late Jim Boggs, a long standing Battlefront and Strategic Command community member, we have

renamed the Collins Headquarters to Boggs HQ."

Very very well done. Glad I saw it.

Thanks for the tip Kuni. Boggs was a good guy. Got to meet him on a trip to Florida before he died.

Agree all the way through. Wish I could have met him but, as far as I know, it didn't happen. An outside chance as I lived in his vicinity from 77-80 and went to wargame and chess clubs in and around Orlando, but I don't remember many names from that time.

Over the Internet I corresponded with Jim fairly often and, of course, we bounced posts off one another at Battlefront. When that double banning happened I wasn't going to try and get reinstated. Jim wrote me an email that was a real riot -- things like, "Do we look alike? Are you living in my house somewhere? ..."

On the board he was always a positive influence. If he didn't have anthing major to contribute he'd find some humorous quip. Often I'd read it and half way through reading the next post I'd think of what Boggs had written and would start laughing a second time.

Like everyone else who knew him a little, I wish I'd known him better. The place lost more than it can replace when our friend died, far too early, at age fifty-one.

Camp Rambo recognized Jimmy Boggs as an Icon, immediately. When Moon lost his mind, Jimmy got banned falsly for being Sir Jersey. Camp Rambo joined the campaign to bring these two American Icons back. Once reinstated, both Jimmy Boggs & Sir Jersey were officially "made". "Made" meaning, this dudes are untouchable unless orders from the "Boss of the family" allows it.

Hats off to Battlefront for putting Jimmy Boggs into the game. Jimmy also claimed to be "saved", so don't worry about his location, but we do miss those who have gone home before us.

Offical Memo from Captain of Team USA,

Jon J. Rambo