The "Early Hit On France"

On turn one move your tank in Paris, place the armies from the border just north of Paris and the HQ just south of Paris.

Upgrade the tank to level 1 and strengthen the tank to 10, with the HQ behind it.

That's as good as it gets for France.

Once the Germans move in, you can opertae the three armies from the fortifications to Paris if you want.

1. Concentrate firepower. You're going to die, but you may well be able to kill one unit.

2. Sortie from the Maginot. You might get a chance to destroy bits of the Siegfried line, to hit a rear air unit (even in a fort), to participate in the one-unit-that-you-get-to-kill attack or to hit an exposed HQ. Don't leave the Maginot on a whim, but you might deem it worth it for one of the above.

3. If you see him operating a large force west from Poland on the first turn, operate into position if you have to. The key thing is to get those entrenchments up ASAP.

EDIT: Should have said that TaoJah & Konigs said it all. Paris line is what seems to work.

[ February 03, 2007, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Bromley ]

France is elementary, reload a Hotseat and see with a decent taskforce how hard it is for the Germans to take Paris.

The Strongest Units up front, disband air and reinforce and attack! This is what you do against a Grade A Opponent.

Now if the Axis are splitting forces this leaves them vulnerable, you may get lucky with dice and hold Poland longer than expected. Also if dice favor you in France you may do the same. Either way it doesn't matter too much. The Early French Forces are merely there as a speedbump...if you hold on past April you're doing well

You need to learn the art of the rest of strategy the opener can be done in your sleep after 10 Allied PBEM-IP games

Defend Paris area, but do not leave Maginot for no reason. If jerry gets lucky and push forward too fast, only then reinforce Paris defences with M-line units.

The ideea is to delay the germans until bad weather kicks in - this will allow you to keep Paris until february-april, sometimes longer, it all depends on the weather and how the axis' player manages his HQ attachments and throw his units into the battle.

The tactical advices form the above posters are ok (tank in Paris, disband air, etc)

In one of my mail games, I left the Maginot line to destroy the German fortifications. It was after he attacked the Low Countries, so he was able to walk into the Maginot line and destroy it.

I think that it's worth giving up the Maginot line if you can destroy those fortifications behind the river, they area a pain to take later on !

depends on how aggressive the Axis are if you must disband anything or operate around in France. If he's slow, you can be. I do not suggest leaving Paris open to being surrounded before Winter strikes. Most likely it'll fall quickly. I have had it fall in 1939 more than a few times due to poor planning