In a sustained fit of total insanity, I analyzed the combat/supply/morale equations of SC2 and wrote up the results (with diagrams and graphs!). You may or may not find it useful, but you probably will find it amusing. It is, if nothing else, a shining symbol of my ability to waste time. It may not be the Great Pyramid of procrastination, but it's at least the Washington Monument.

If you want to check it out, go here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/voiceofreason/Science-of-SC2.pdf

I make no guarantees as to accuracy. Use at your own risk. Void where prohibited by law.

"Voice of Reason!:" , can i be reasonable and ask for an 'Analysis for us Laymen'?.

My head hurt's looking at your very involved, very extremely detailed work[impressive Work & Cudo's to You!], and so, for now i would just prefer to get a short assessment or explanation on what each particular means in the 'Bottom-Line' or 'Final Assessment'!.

I'm wondering about those negative defensive bonuses, especially the marsh situation. My understanding is that attack values of any units attacking from swamp tiles is halved.

And any unit in a swamp tile being attacked by AFs or Bombers suffer a penalty, taking more damage then if they were in a clear tile.

As far as the port situation, it seems that naval units would be more susceptible to additional damage from soft and tank attacks(infantry and tank units).

But I've been wrong before.

Terif.....Hubert....????

Heh,I have printed it to peruse it better, this looks like the Cliff's Notes edition! Nice job! I can imagine the amount of data you could have used and have it sifted down to this. Only thing I could think to add would be two examples with screenshots and walking through two different attacks to get to the approximate losses. This is good stuff.

The only (very very minor) thing I see missing is capital cities have a max entrenchment value of 6. Your analysis, is it from the formulas from the book, or based upon data taken from game observation?

Voice of reason, you have impressed the almighty one and been summoned to his royal court by the sound of it! Good job. This guide is excellent and really answers a few questions I had, especially regards unit readiness. Thanks very much.