Yeah I think you're right. I've already asked the same before... it's not much fun reading an AAR without piccies. Maybe they don't want to give their opponent an advantage by exposing their defences/ units. But you could avoid this problem by having *two* threads, one thread for each player.

Originally posted by aesopo:

sorry no screenie as this gives away too much info to the opponent

Maybe so, but reading an AAR is ... pretty boring without piccies. Matter of fact, I rarely see an AAR without screens, and *some* of them are quite a masterpiece. Yes you can read the words, but one doesn't feel the tension and exitement you do feel when viewing screenshots of, say, encircled battlegroups.

Originally posted by Joshua22:

Matter of fact, I rarely see an AAR without screens, and *some* of them are quite a masterpiece. Yes you can read the words, but one doesn't feel the tension and exitement you do feel when viewing screenshots of, say, encircled battlegroups.

This is more of a DAR (During Action Report) than an AAR. So screenies are less likely.

`" This is more of a DAR (During Action Report) than an AAR. So screenies are less likely"

Eh? Well put it in this way then most AAR's really are DAR's. It's not posted after all the action has taken place, but during the game itself.

And I agree, one has to photoshop/delete the sensitive parts.

Oh well, the better the AAR, the more hits it gets. Heck, I even remember AAR's which were so good that people bought the game just because of the well written AAR, go figure.