UK government in Egypt

PS- thank you desert dave! However im not on anything if thats what you mean smile.gif
Would NEVER so insinuate, FK3.

IMO, that is the very lowest

Kind of... "at-far-and-safe-distance"

Sort of smack.

No,

You CAN have the BEST dreams

Simply

As you are,

Without any drugs, legal or illegal

Or prescribed by yer Doctor. ;)

However,

IMHO you have got real-deal juice!

That's... fly, baby, fly! :cool:

Now,

Knowing how you can and do,

Perhaps you'll once discover

Some other way to replicate?

Perhaps an Iranian oil field that is only activated if Russia conquers IRAN would suffice.

One more reason for the Axis to venture into the Middle East.

[ April 24, 2006, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Originally posted by Blashy:

There should be NO chance that UK surrenders, look at the world map in WW2, Canada alone would have welcomed ALL the british forces to its side.

Never would have UK said, "ok we'll stop fighting", not with the size of the Commonwealth and the size of their forces outside UK.

UK was huge military wise, it was just spread out all over.

There is no chance that UK would have surrendered, it just would not have happened.

Please... France had a large over-seas empire as well, yet they surrendered even before their home army was done with, their fleet and colonial forces mostly intact. Churchill did well in preaching about never surrendering as long as the mainland Britain remained untouched. Had England fallen to Axis occupation I have little trouble imagining the British Empire being more keen to make peace (maybe not unconditional surrender, but a losing peace nevertheless).

Remember, the most fanatic "never surrender" folks in WW2, the Japs, gave up after two nukes. I doubt the Brits would have been more steadfast than them. :rolleyes:

France had large overseas colonies but how many had ANY sign of loyalty? Slim to none? And of those, how many actually had fighting forces?

UK had Canada, India, NZ, Aussies that could all keep fighting, sure 3 of those were not under british direct control but their staunch support to the Queen was without a doubt

They also had Egypt and many forces in South Africa.

Basically they had more forces outside of the Island and they had much more fighting spirit than the French, it has been all downhill since Napoleon for the French.

Well blashy axisgeneral and i continued our game. I saved egypt! Long live the British Empire! smile.gif

And after he retreated i took Iran Iraq and Syria:) Right now im marchiing toward Tripoli! tongue.gif And, as the US, i conquered ireland and am using that as a close military base to Europe. Ive got industrial technology level 5! I collect about 350 mpp's per turn. I think he thinks sealion was a bit more unattractive then when he was siegeing egypt! smile.gif

PS-UK conquered Iceland! smile.gif

Originally posted by Blashy:

France had large overseas colonies but how many had ANY sign of loyalty? Slim to none? And of those, how many actually had fighting forces?

Where did the Free French get 300,000 men to continue the fighting in Italy and then southern France? Almost entirely from North Africa. Moroccans, Tunisians, and Algerians had little by way of fraternal feelings for France, and yet they fought because France had been in control, and because they were warrior peoples.

Just a historical note for the designers. The UK Government would have transferred to Canada, NOT Alexandria. In fact, in mid 1940, there were tentative plans drawn up for the transfer of the government and the home fleet to Canada.

Just a historical note for the designers. The UK Government would have transferred to Canada, NOT Alexandria.

But Alexandria was in the MIDDLE of the hole British Empire ( and just at the Suez Channel, the principal key-port of the Empire) so is not a bad idea to move it there.

Canada could defense by herself well ( and with the USA as a neirbourghs and the Atlantic as a wall) and the image for the rest of the colonies ( not Australia, SA and NZ but for all the others with nationalist movements) will be of courage and the continue of the fighting even with the lost of the Metropoli!

[ April 24, 2006, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: oliva2003 ]

Egypt would have probably sought for independence immediatle after the UK had fallen under German occupation. Having your government where they don't want you at all is not such a smart idea. I vote for Canada and an "Egypt independent" script - much like in the Vichy France event for French colonies.