UK government in Egypt

Hi, i just got through and am still playing a game with Axisgeneral. (very fun by the way!) He sealioned and took the uk, but im sure it was tough for him. So im in egypt now, only collecting 30 mpp's. Am i annoyed? yes! Because i have no US and Canadian convoys coming in! Im annoyed. In the real war wouldnt the Western Allies keep sending the convoys if the Uk was in Africa and continued to fight on? I'd rather have the Uk surrender then have to waste my time with her 30 mmp's per turn in the middle east w/out convoys.

I agree, the problem is that each minor nation can can have only one convoy route.

; Also only one convoy can exist from a minor #COUNTRY_ID to #TRANSFER_ID.

Perhaps HC will consider allowing each minor nation to have secondary route that is only activated if the primary route is deactivated.

Hmm, but i just thought of something. In another thread i created, blashy stated that if you capture iraq and iran with UK, the production doesnt reach 80% because the Uk capital was at London.But if the UK's capital is at alexandria, the effeincy will rise to 80% i guess that can be one benefit. In my game i have enough forces in egypt to accomplish this.

If UK government goes to Africa then a script should be added to get MPPs from both Canada and the U.S.

In addition, I believe more free forces should be given to the UK to help make thing's more realistic. Call in troops from South Africa or India just to get the ball rolling.

Yes night! Thanks for agreeing with us smile.gif In my game, right after manchester fell i got troops from both south africa and India smile.gif and before that i got tropps from new zealand. I have enough troops now, but how am i to sustain. reinforce, and transport them with only max 40 mpp's w/out UK conquering Iraq and Iran?

Edit- I have a strentgh 4 bomber! I can't even reinforce it. Im thinking about disbanding british air and bringing in US AF's to bring me less cost on the UK and hopefully greater technology from the USA to tip the MED theater in my favor

[ April 23, 2006, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Fartknock3r ]

I disagree here. I think it is already quite farfetched that if GB falls there will be a new UK government in Egypt.

From the game perspective if the Axis player takes the "risk" to launch a Sealion then he should have a good chance to finish the UK of once and for all.

The improvements I would like to see:

"Only a certain chance (50%)that in Egypt will be a exil governmant formed ( The people there wanted to be independant all the time)

"Fix the range of amphib. transports => Homefleet would be able to prevent Sealions especiyll if bombers and AF provide intelligence where the invasion fleet is)

Well, to me the amphib transports seem a little imba, but thats just my opinion, so IMO the UK needs another area to fight. WAIT!!! hell ya i got a brainstorm. Maybe the capital can move to canada! that way you can get egyptian convoys and be safer from destruction. And Canada gives better mmp's, also, its alongside the US, so you can coordinate strategies better.

There should be NO chance that UK surrenders, look at the world map in WW2, Canada alone would have welcomed ALL the british forces to its side.

Never would have UK said, "ok we'll stop fighting", not with the size of the Commonwealth and the size of their forces outside UK.

UK was huge military wise, it was just spread out all over.

There is no chance that UK would have surrendered, it just would not have happened.

Hubert chose Egypt because UK's colonies were in Africa/Asia.

Perhaps, you could always place a production center in Canada, via the Editor. Then the UK could build units in Canada if the capital of the UK is in Egypt or London. But then you might have to rename Canada, and the Canadians might not take kindly to that.

I just thought of something before i went to sleep, it may not work for everyone but it'd work for me. If i can repel axisgenerals attack, then i can conquer the syrian madate + 16 mpp's, Iraq + 48 mpp's, and iran + 16 mpp's. Thats 80 mpp's plus the 40 mpp's from egypt that you get once effiecency rises to 100%. I guess that can tip the balance in my favor.

I just thought of something before i went to sleep, it may not work for everyone but it'd work for me. If i can repel axisgenerals attack, then i can conquer the syrian madate + 16 mpp's, Iraq + 48 mpp's, and iran + 16 mpp's. Thats 80 mpp's plus the 40 mpp's from egypt that you get once effiecency rises to 100%. I guess that can tip the balance in my favor.
FK3,

I do believe you are most definitely onto something.

Game-changing, I mean. ;)

Good to dream the big dreams. :cool:

Yes, all that is true but if i can take it then i can pretty much wipe italy out of africa because of the increased production and better supply.

PS- thank you desert dave! However im not on anything if thats what you mean smile.gif

Edit- edwin thanks i didnt know that fact! smile.gif

PS: Iran has no Corps. After taking Iraq, a single corps can easily take it.

True, EP,

But you CAN get stuck

In the mountains for long stretches

When weather turns against you,

Unless yer careful and plan ahead,

IE, send most motorized. ;)

During WWII more suppliesto Russia went through Persia/Iran than through Archangel.
Don't have the exact figures

Right here on hand, but,

Yer right.

So far,

We are supposing that IF Russia

Would take Iran?

Then that X-tra income

Is - as though... Persian Lend Lease.

Now,

Knowing how you can and do,

Perhaps you'll once discover

Some other way to replicate? :cool: