Want to buy this game but...........

I can't answer that, although you can get it for $45 download only.

Even at $55 it's still cheaper than store games in the UK (£30-£35). It's well worth it, IMO.

EDIT: BTW, if you haven't played SC1 and your budget won't stretch to SC2's price, it's still a good game with, I believe, just as many people playing it online. It's something like $15.

I am of the opinion that this game is worth the $55.00 Plus Shipping, i have had several month's of relentless play with it!.

It's very-good, and getting better with the fix's!.

Ive spent as much or more money on other games and didn't get a fraction of the fun/entertainment from them!.

It's the craftsman vs. mass production conundrum. If you sell a million or more copies of a game you can afford to sell it for less – and/or hire more people to give the game more glitz and glitter and sell it for more.

War games, alas, have a much smaller market share, thus have smaller design teams and higher prices. SC2 (in fact all wargames) might look like a budget game, but it's not. You pay for the quality of the game design- if it also looks good that’s just a nice bonus.

You can rest assured you're not being gouged. HC isn't blowing your hard earned money on Ferraris and supermodels.

:confused:

(Actually, if you are, let me know. I might give up my day job and go into game designing.)

Well I noticed NE that no one mentioned the editor in this game. That feature alone is worth the admission price as there will be many variables created in the coming years. Have you ever seen the number of mods for TOAW, PzG, etc.

To bad you won't be along for the fun. Maybe in a couple of years you can pick it up for 10....20 bucks. Ha! Who cares...not my loss.

The two good reasons to buy Strategic Command 2 are these:

1st: the game basically is one of the best WW2 Strategy Games available. That is not an opinion. It is not much of a tactical Game, HOI, Panzer General, several other titles out there can compete and will compete in that genre... World At War, along those lines is Grand Strategy or Axis & Allies (Though a bit archaic) almost risklike... SC2 mixes some tactical warfare along the lines of Clash of Steele, I love the mixture of the SSI feel to it... makes it feel like you're a General and a Dictator tongue.gif

2nd: The Creator Supports his game. Now it isn't fully IP as there still a lack of a community for it, but if you find a 'couple of guys' you can usually play some time in Direct IP Play. Just a little rare

The Creator will fix the bugs, he will support the game. Hubert has shown that he leaves very few stones unturned, there is no wargame out there right now that can boast the same.. In this Genre, even HOI II and HOI III haven't been supported by larger software developer as much as Strategic Command a potentially higher selling program..

it is worth it to pay for the support that you recieve.. Relatively cheaper strategic command 1 still has a following and is still a very very good IP game. One can finish in a night or two.

SC2 is and excellent game, backed by an excellent company, Battlefront, backed by an even more excellent designer who answers direct questions from customers and thanks people for finding errors/bugs, oh and by the way goes and fixes it giving you your credit, and then listens to all the opinions and critics to try to improve the game play and balance. If you think that is not worth your 55 dollars then you probable need to have another drink then go to another forum. OH yeah, although I have not used it, the editor is execellent, go to the mod forum and see all the cool AI enhancements made to base campaigns and then see all the new cool campaigns made by Honch, Barcelona, the East Front by Kuni and the Blashy mod to name just a few. If that is not enough you get all the lively debate that this game generates, I have read hundreds of books on WW2 and it is fun to debate the various issues revolving around WW2. This alone sometimes is enough for me, oh yeah almost forgot the best part, all the cool E-mail and TCP games you get to play against all these other cool WW2 minded people.

Said it before and will say it again, "Thanks HUBERT great game and outstanding support, thanks Battlefront, great company and funtastic forum, thanks thanks thanks.

Konigs

$35.00 for CD & Comic Book for niece, along with Lattas Lordy... Our Economy sucks, Blashy Hubert move over us Americanos are crossing the Border!

Banditos Me and Rambo gonna Homestead in Saskachwan<SP?

"Halt! Ye Border Guard Sweareth no Americano Crosseth!" Strategic Command 2 Monopolizing!!! Bahahahahah tongue.gif

Our Community is sveet (And pronounced just like that all mixed up with 10 nationalities)

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

I paid $74 for a tank a gas this week.

The Grande Plan is to Globalize the world [The New World Order], therefore..."no-more-borders",...then they will be able to freely-easily aquire the cheapest labour anywhere in the world!.

That's why there is so little effort being put in to stop illegal's from crossing the border!...and Border Guard's are being penalized for carrying out their duties!.

Not only have i already crossed the border, but am making plan's to move far up north, not too far away from an extension of Alaska that occupies a part of the coast of British Columbia!.

I'm prouder of myself! First, Bank of America loaned me the money to buy this game. Then Discover said, "That's no fair SeaMonkey you have to buy the game with our card too".

So in the interest of being "economically" correct I purchased another game with a loan from Discover, but I told BF all I needed was one game, so just keep the other copy.

Now I have two loans at 18, 19, what the heck, maybe 25 percent interest, just paying the minimum balance and never on time, so I incur late fees.

I'm so happy and ....smart, I got the game without paying...well right away anyway. Just waiting on a hurricane to wipe all my debts off while I surf....Life is good in the USA.

Anyone want to start a PBEM...I'll be Monaco.

Originally posted by Retributar:

The Grande Plan is to Globalize the world [The New World Order], therefore..."no-more-borders",...then they will be able to freely-easily aquire the cheapest labour anywhere in the world!.

That's why there is so little effort being put in to stop illegal's from crossing the border!...and Border Guard's are being penalized for carrying out their duties!.

Not only have i already crossed the border, but am making plan's to move far up north, not too far away from an extension of Alaska that occupies a part of the coast of British Columbia!.

Fool!

You're suppossed to take the Social Security money and retire to Mexico.

That way, all the illegals will be paying you to live on their beach and drink margaritas.

Mwuhahahaha...

Teehee, Chase Elite Silver Card just gave me a reason they will not give me 10g

"You need to pay off more of your Credit Debt!"

What a lame excuse

I'm glad to this dude bought the game, now he just has to start reading! Studying! 30 games he'll get that green off him.

"Left Right LEFT RIGHT!"

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

I'm prouder of myself! First, Bank of America loaned me the money to buy this game. Then Discover said, "That's no fair SeaMonkey you have to buy the game with our card too".

So in the interest of being "economically" correct I purchased another game with a loan from Discover, but I told BF all I needed was one game, so just keep the other copy.

Now I have two loans at 18, 19, what the heck, maybe 25 percent interest, just paying the minimum balance and never on time, so I incur late fees.

I'm so happy and ....smart, I got the game without paying...well right away anyway. Just waiting on a hurricane to wipe all my debts off while I surf....Life is good in the USA.

Anyone want to start a PBEM...I'll be Monaco.