Possible WW II RPG footage seen

A few days ago, the History Channel (U.S.), ran a two hour program on possible seers, among them Nostradamus. Part of that segment showed spectacular streetfighting in Berlin, among which was a clip, which I missed the first part of, showing a Russian soldier firing some sort of short gripstock equipped weapon from amid the rubble, after which he retained the gripstock assembly. This leads me to believe that the weapon, whatever it was, may have been reloadable. I clearly saw a handle on the underside, complete with trigger assembly.

Did anyone else here happen to catch the program? If yes, what did you see? Am most curious.

Regards,

John Kettler

What's a gripstock??

the Russians made considerable use of captured Pz-fausts, and even kept the factories in production when they captured them!

Yeah - the PzFaust site is down due to too many CM'ers looking it up today!! lol

the russians essentially copied the PZF-150 as the RPG-2 afer teh war - see if you can find a pic of that in a serach - the line eventually became the RPG-7 of international infamy, and the family resemblance is immediately obvious.

Nostradamus predicts the RPG? Too rich!

Seriously, though, if the RPG-2 was based on the Panzerfaust 150, then I'd have to say that what I saw might well have been that. The pistol grip looks right, as does the very short tube length in front of the pistol grip. How I wish I'd seen the projectile before firing, which was done with the launcher tucked under the soldier's left arm, assuming the film wasn't reversed. Dad did see the projectile, and according to him it resembled a large can of beans (long axis on plane of launcher) with two bazooka type electrical leads connecting it to the launcher. Was there any sort of HE frag or Wallbuster round fielded for the Panzerfaust 150? If so, it might account for the strange projectile shape my father reported.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ September 05, 2002, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Ok, I'm certainly no grog, but in the CMBB demo scenario with the steppe terrain (and only German tanks attacking), forget the name, I noticed one of my PanzerIIIs being attacked by a Russian Tank Hunter team. I clicked on the team and looked at their weapon and it was a very strange looking thing with a handle. Almost in a V shape from what I remember. Didn't look like an RPG at all. Any ideas what it could be? It looked like it had a pistol grip too.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

The PzFst 150 and 250 did have pistol grips - the 150 was produced and served in small numbers.

ref: http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/8172/panzerfaust2.htm#pzfaust150

Shows what I know....the link you presented is dead, unfortunately. Would love to see it...</font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

http://www.adeq.net/pzfaust1.htm

I hope this is a friend of Markuss' because otherwise either he lifted this page from Markuss' site, or vice versa.

no, he is NOT my friend.

as you have recognized correctly, that page (http://www.adeq.net/pzfaust1.htm and pzfaust2.htm) is straigthforward plagiarism from my Panzerfaust site. The guy doesn't even have the decency to link or credit where he took it from. Wholesale Xerox, just copypaste, he didn't even take the time to correct my typos or misphrasings (which I never got around to correcting).

He gives his full address on the site, seems he is a reenactor living somewhere in Florida. Of course I find this whole thing highly annoying. Currently I do not have the time to pursue this, and frankly right now I wouldn't know what I could do. If he was living near my place no problem, but with the atlantic between us I would have a hard time confronting him.

Btw its not as if he is some innocent guy that just "forgot" that he copypasted the website content. Several visitors of the PzF site have commented to me that they have emailed that guy about it. Personally I have not contacted him yet, since there is little I could do at the moment.