Is this my coolest German uniform mod EVER?!? Check it out...

Ok, I try to be humble, but I just have to say that this is perhaps my Best Uniform Mod Ever. Actually it's only a revision of my earlier Feldgrau Heer mod, but I really think it has that "late war" grungy look.

I took the one that I posted earlier, darkened and desaturated it a bit, and this is what I ended up with:

newuni2.jpg

Pretty cool, eh? smile.gif

I replaced the scarf with this groovy looking sweater, which really, I think, makes the mod. Yeah, I know, Dorosh--the sweater should be a v-neck. Think of it as a present from Oma or Mutti sent to little Otto or Klaus at the front. Besides, I added the subdued gray chest eagle just for you tongue.gif

[Edited for stupidity]

[ February 02, 2002, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

I replaced the scarf with this groovy looking sweater, which really, I think, makes the mod. Yeah, I know, Dorosh--the sweater should be a v-neck. Think of it as a present from Oma or Mutti sent to little Otto or Klaus at the front. Besides, I added the subdued gray chest eagle just for you

Hmmmm, makes 'em kinda look like British commandoes in disguise. But hey --- at least they don't look like French sailors in disguise anymore!

Hmmmm, makes 'em kinda look like British commandoes in disguise. But hey --- at least they don't look like French sailors in disguise anymore!
Geez, talk about your glass-half-empty types. I bet you tell little kids there's no Santa Claus, too. tongue.gif

[ February 02, 2002, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Andrew,

I assume you are working very hard on your CMMOS v3.1 version of the SAP uniform mods? ;)

Awaiting your handiwork!

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

------------------------

“Yes, and they went down very well too”

-- Duke of Wellington, replying to the observation that the French cavalry had come up very well during the Battle of Waterloo

Originally posted by Warmaker:

What's that emblem above the left breast pocket?

Looks like a Nahkampfspange.

Looking good Andrew TF!

Where to get it?

But why are the K 98k - equipped riflemen having MP40 mag pouches? Shouldn't they have the small ammo pouches for the Mauser clips?

Are you making this mod for all those gamey bastards who use SMG troops ? smile.gif

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Love the eagle. The chicken wire is too small and North American looking though ... ;)

Interesting choice, re: the scalloped pocket flaps, indicating pre 1943 production. Any paticular reason, or just artist's fancy?

Looking good.[/QB]

This better? :D

wire.jpg

The M1942 scalloped pockets are there because the best image I found on the Web to apply to the mod was of that particular tunic. I tried working one up from scratch but I could never get it to look right. Besides, it looks cooler than the squared-off pocket. ;)

P.S. before anyone asks, that's a tricolor camo painted helmet mod. I will release wire-covered and plain versions of that BMP, as well as the two different versions of the plain helmet.

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Runyan99:

I have decided I do not like the Grenade in the belt. Can we have a non-grenade option?

You're gonna send your Heer into combat without grenades? I bet they'll be cursing you out when fighting closes to within 20 meters! ;) </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Runyan99:

I have decided I do not like the Grenade in the belt. Can we have a non-grenade option?

You're gonna send your Heer into combat without grenades? I bet they'll be cursing you out when fighting closes to within 20 meters! ;) </font>

Originally posted by Runyan99:

Whattaya think this is--Burger King? You can't have it your way!

I dig the grenade, and it's my mod, so it stays. tongue.gif

Seriously, modders revolve around their egos, so if you want a particular special version of a mod you do have to work a little harder. There are two basic approaches:

1. The begging, ego-stroking approach:

"Golly, that's the bestest mod I've EVER seen!!! AndrewTF, you are a GENIUS. You would, however, be elevated to demi-god level if you did a grenadeless version, as I think such a mod would befit your greatness. Pretty please?"

2. The Über-Grog "Micheal Dorosh" approach:

"Nice mod, but you DO know that that particular model of grenade was issued only in small numbers to the 1019345rd Waffen-SS Übersturmhamster regiment stationed in Riga, Latvia until it was recalled to...blah, blah, blah. Maybe you should do a version with no grenade or maybe a couple egg grenades."

But, as I am a magnanimous individual, I will consider doing a grenadeless version. :D

[ February 04, 2002, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]