Wanted: Round Wheels

Well unless by mod you mean re-write the 3d model... ;)

I assume you're referring to the fact that wheels are hexagons (or octagons, can't remember how many sides wheels have in-game), which is the 3d model not the texture on top of it. Check out the bitmaps some time, the textures are round.

Wretch, I believe Michael's quote is from an old Spiritual, "Ezekiel Saw the Wheel". Next line is:

"It's a wheel within a wheel, way in the middle of the air."

The song in turn refers to this reference in the Bible:

"As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness round about it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming bronze." {Ezek 1:4 RSV}

Some consider it to be the first reference to a flying saucer sighting in literature.

Fun stuff, huh! :D

As for CM's wheels, the wheels are octagons because true curves can't be done with the 3-D graphics engine, just polygons with more and more sides. Eight sides is BFC's compromise between too many for fast rendering and too few for a reasonable look. The flat bitmaps wrapped over the models can do a better or poorer job of minimizing this slightly awkward appearance, hence mods like Mike's (wherein I presume he has done a fine job of such minimizing. smile.gif )

- Old Dog