On the spread of Russian Orthodoxy to Germany (a small problem with map editor)

Was working on a scenario involving the Oder river bridgeheads in '45 and noticed a little problem. Even with the timeframe set as far forward as 1945, churches placed in the editor appear Russian Orthodox in style. As a consequence, designing a scenario depicting the battle for a German town late in the war is visually difficult. An argument could be made that all the architecture in the game should shift in style as the war progresses back into Polish and German territory, but churches seem to be the only glaring problem (though a small one in the grand scheme of things).

Couple of questions:

Is this something that was left out due to space/time limitations (as with shared vehicle models) and that we can expect to see corrected in a future patch?

Is it possible to have building textures shift with the timeframe, just as some infantry uniforms due?

Is it possible to have building textures shift with the timeframe, just as some infantry uniforms due?
Not easily, no. This was something we toyed with very early on when we speced out CMBB. We had wanted the graphic sets to be loaded based on geographical conditions. Southern Russia looks different than Northern Russia, Finland from the settlements on the Vulga, Romania from Germany, Germany from Poland, Poland from Hungary, etc. Er... I think you can now see why we skipped out on this feature smile.gif

Put me down for agreeing that doing this would be a good idea, but also mark me down as saying it was just "one too many things" to do for this game. For the church we would even have to switch the 3D model as well as the texture!

Now... the more important question is if we are going to have this kind of flexibility in the new engine. I sure hope so!

Steve