COMBAT MISSIONS : Latest Scenarios

Thanks to the following....

Dick "Warmeister" Reece has released V1.01 of his "Ham and Jam" scenario that was originally included as one of the scenarios on the CM CD. Dick as also updated his "Hill 140" scenario to v1.01.

Frank Radoslovich has sent in a new version of his "Parker's Crossroads" scenario.

Michael Hunkele has submitted a brand new scenario called "A Ten Minute Break".

All these scenarios and many many more are now available for you to download. Enjoy

------------------

Staffordshire - England (NO LONGER A CM-Free Zone!! :) )

COMBAT MISSIONS- The Source For CM Ops & Scenarios

WWW.COMBATMISSIONS.CO.UK

Guest Michael emrys

Say, Manx, either your server doesn't like my ISP or it's just damn ****in' slow. I tried to log on to your website and finally gave up. It was coming over the wires at 717 bps. I had a similar experience a few days ago, so this isn't a one-time thing. I'll keep trying. Just thought you should know.

Michael

Sorry to hear that Michael. Your the first person thats complained about the speed in loading the site. Over the next few days i will be optimising the graphics on the site and this should speed things up a bit. Anyone else having problems?

------------------

Staffordshire - England (NO LONGER A CM-Free Zone!! :) )

WWW.COMBATMISSIONS.CO.UK

Thanks for the feedback guys....its not my own server or ISP, so i have to rely on others for the standard of service. The one thing i hate is a site that loads extra windows and banners and i have tried to get away from doing that with this site. Perhaps its just the amount of traffic that its generating that is causing the problem :).

I know i can definitely shave off quite a few Kb's on the graphics side of things, which should make the pages load quicker.

------------------

WWW.COMBATMISSIONS.CO.UK

[This message has been edited by Manx (edited 07-04-2000).]

FWIW..doing a tracert to Manx's site from the state's shows: 19 * 1265 ms 1725 ms wsdpro1-1.global.net.uk [195.147.246.244]

looks like this device is the culprit..must be a bsy router,it's the last point on intl access b4 the handoff to local UK ISP.

So Manx,you are correct,us Yanks must travser this router to reach you.I notice when we take a different route,things work much better.

Rienzi - thanks for the trace info. From the UK mainland there doesn't appear to be any problem in loading the site quickly.

To help speed things up a bit, i have knocked that front page graphic down from 75k to just over 15k and optimised all the other graphics/maps on the site and cut the file sizes down by roughly 50% for each individual pic, obviously at the expense of quality. I hope this speeds things up for you all.

Thanks for the feedback

------------------

WWW.COMBATMISSIONS.CO.UK

[This message has been edited by Manx (edited 07-04-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

Hi, Manx, update:

I revisited the site today and managed to get through in somewhat resonable time. The opening graphic seems to be the worst bottleneck. Too bad as it's a nice picture and very appropriate.

Site was still really slow (<600bps most of the time) but since the downloads are small, I was able to get nearly all of them in less than a minute each. A good site and I hope we'll get lucky on the speed some day. Thanks.

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

[delete duplicate post]

[This message has been edited by Michael emrys (edited 07-04-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

Arrgh! I can't get this bloody thing to post my complete reply. I'll try once more and hope this time it gets past the BB Monster.

Hi, Manx, update:

I revisited the site today and managed to get through in somewhat resonable time. The opening graphic seems to be the worst bottleneck. Too bad as it's a nice picture and very appropriate.

Site was still really slow (<600bps most of the time) but since the downloads are small, I was able to get nearly all of them in less than a minute each. A good site and I hope we'll get lucky on the speed some day. Thanks.

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

Still doesn't want to get past that open parenthesis. Try something different.

Site was still really slow (< 600 bps most of the time) but since the downloads are small, I was able to get nearly all of them in less than a minute each. A good site and I hope we'll get lucky on the speed some day. Thanks.

Michael