CDV Combat Mission and Manual

Hi,

I live in Vancouver, Canada and have found that Virgin Megastore is selling the CDV version of CMBB. If I buy this and order the $3 real manual from battlefront will I still be charged $7 postage and will they ship it to Canada?

Thanks,

Paul M

Actually, last summer I bought CMBO in Cornwall Ontario, Canada ( where I'm from originally ) in local computer store & I got the CDV version of the game complete with CDV manual. Just thought I'd mention this as I think it's revelant to the thread. I'd brought it up a while back & some idiot bit my head off over it.

[ December 07, 2002, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

You might really regret getting the CDV version.

You cannot back it up for kick offs - and it is soo precious you know life would be ruined if the CD got damaged.

The biggest aggravation is that the version 1.01 upgrade is a massive 68MB - that is not a trivial download on a 56kpbs modem. In fact given the cut-offs operated by some ISP's you ain't going to get it!!!!

By the english language version from Battlefront - they deserve the profit and you will be doing yourself a favour.

What's really galling is that I speak English and I am required to buy from a German company who when they put the upgrade on a German download site up do not even mention it works for all the languages. *********!!!! (swearing) I could have downloaded it two weeks ago (sorry tried to)

Disclaimer: I like Germany and I happily buy Bosch and AEG its just CDV are cr**.

P.S. When CMBO was first out I was happily offering to ship them around the UK for free to increase CMBO's sales. Perhaps if I launch the SW England competition with prize money it will generate more interest. .....Hold on a moment what am I thinking of that helps sell moe CDV versions.