Downloads at Tom's...

are out since ages ;) ...

So I can't get the nice CMBB Factory, Bunkers and Buildings he "offers" :(

Can someone plz mirror them ? I could do it myself if only I had them ... My mailbox is limited to 10 Mb, so if a kind soul can get into this trouble he should send them one at a time !

Thx in advance.

Note : I did'nt whine nor was rude, isn't it ? :D

Find GJK and his site. He has some (all?) of Toms mods mirrored.

It is sad to see what's become of Toms. I think MGO were unprepared or ignorant of how much bandwidth a well-maintained mod sight can use. Either they will rue the day they allowed him in, or else we will suffer from these constant shenanigans. Either way, I wish Tom the best, and hope he can keep things up and running.

I second Pascals idea. I have 10 megs of unused webspace I could fill up with mods. There should not be a limit to traffic and as far as I know its a good enough connection. Send me an e-mail if you (anybody) wants to post something.

I can aswell use the space for storage, my html etc. skills are exactly 0 so you are free to link directly to the files.

Jussi

There IS a limit, and you should be very careful about what you do before you are aware of just how much traffic you can attract. Innumerable web-sites have gone under in the past year for this reason.

I am no web-master, but people like Tom, Manx, Superted, just to name a few can give you more insight.

MGO's FTP servers are often difficult to access during peak hours, in my experience - this may be part of the problem. I don't know whether it behaves differently for TCMHQ than it does for us. For Boots & Tracks we eventually had to go get permission to have backups on the HTTP server. They let us do this because scenario files are very small; there would probably be an issue when hosting multi-megabyte mod packs and the like. :(

Anyway, in their defense the MGO guys I have worked with are very quick to respond to e-mails and have been very helpful in general; I'm sure that once made aware of the problem they'll see what can be done.

Scott

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

There IS a limit, and you should be very careful about what you do before you are aware of just how much traffic you can attract. Innumerable web-sites have gone under in the past year for this reason.

OK, thanks PL for the heads-up, but my original (perhaps not stated, sorry) was that I dont use the space for anything so might as well host something.

Jussi

The problem with Tom's seems that the FTP server doesn't accept anonymous login (and I've no account there !)

I also have 80Mb+ of unused webspace, if my ISP close the site for a while that won't be a problem, I give them 45 bucks a month for ADSL so they won't throw me out anyway :D !

AFAIK GJK has many grasses and some other stuff but not the Tanks a Lot mods I seek.

Tanks, where are you ? :confused:

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

The problem with Tom's seems that the FTP server doesn't accept anonymous login (and I've no account there !)

I also have 80Mb+ of unused webspace, if my ISP close the site for a while that won't be a problem, I give them 45 bucks a month for ADSL so they won't throw me out anyway :D !

AFAIK GJK has many grasses and some other stuff but not the Tanks a Lot mods I seek.

Tanks, where are you ? :confused:

They are on the way.

Lousy 56k modem. :mad:

Gentlemen ,

Currently all downloads from my site work fine ..as long as you don´t use a download accelerator ( this leads to the " no anonymus login allowed " warning ! ). BTW: I second Scotts statement about MGO. Their support is outstanding and I am very thankfull for their generous offer to host my site and their great help to get things running. Please keep in mind that MGO and TCMHQ offer a FREE service with no commercial pop-ups and banner stuff. In these days it´s nearly impossible to find something like that.And - sorry - I am not willing to spent hundreds of dollars each year for a commercial solution ( ask Manx about that ).

Cheers

Tom

P.S.: Thanks for the offers to mirror some of the mods in case of emergency. I will contact you concerning this tomorrow.

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

Gentlemen ,

Currently all downloads from my site work fine ..as long as you don´t use a download accelerator ( this leads to the " no anonymus login allowed " warning ! ).

Um, I beg to differ Tom. I don't use an accelerator and I can barely download a single mod a day (if at all.) Today I've just tried to download the tiny "no-markers" mod and I was unable after more than two dozen attempts. It was 10am Pacific time.

I use Outlook Express 6 and that is all. Thanks.

Stingray,

I'm just havin' a little fun. I get answers like that at work all the time were someone tells me they are running Office 2000 as their operating system and so on. Comes from Microsoft having too damn many versions out with the whole year thing being very confusing to a lot of people.

I just downloaded some stuff from Tom's site and had no trouble using IE 6. Any who is having trouble using something like ZoneAlarm or another personal firewall? Those might give you trouble with FTP access. Could try disabling this and see if it makes a difference.

You could also try changing your FTP access mode in Internet Explorer to passive and seeing if that makes a difference.

Here's how:

- Go to the Tools->Internet Options menu in Internet Explorer.

- Click on the Advanced tab. Scroll down the list. Under the "Browser" category in this list should be an option labeled "Passive FTP". Check this, then click Apply, then OK.

- Try again and see what happens.

jeffsmith,

Try here for the new German armor stuff. Looks like the 37mm dunkelgelb/tri-color 37mm Flak is missing from the ZIP file.

Keith

Hi,

Try right clicking Sitzkrieg's link and select open in new window. Seems to work.

If not, then try disconnecting, empty the internet cache, history and cookies reconnect and try the right click method.

Sorry if you have already tried this.