My best result yet....

You get a 100:0 victory everytime you sit on the flags and have no own losses. Then it does not matter how many losses the opponent had.

This is difficult to do with any sane force including infantry, but a bunch of thick TDs and big artillery can do the trick nicely, especially on the defense.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by newlife:

You call that a victory! You left 4 men in OK status! ;) <hr></blockquote>

That sounds like "Natural Born Killers,"- Mickey and Mallory Knox always left *one* person alive to tell the tale of their bloodthirsty exploits....

I was the allied attacker, so I had to capture the flag. The most surprising part to this I found was my two M3A1's that knocked out a Marder III, a PSW 75mm and several infantry. Them 50 cal's are amazing. I also KIA'd the axis 150mm arty before he had time to fire it. I did rather well.

Ahem.. It was against the AI, but that's still my best result. Not a single casualty. December '44, snow too.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: phil stanbridge ]</p>

I know - it surprised me. I kept my infantry back (two platoons) until the last minute, which is normally where I differ. I sent my M3A1's forward to recon the area. They found the gun, (a 105mm recoiless rifle), several units of infantry, and the Marder. I think the ROF must have helped, as the M3A1's pinned down and suppressed the other teams I had my Stuart pummel the gun. They barely returned fire. I then hit the remaining infantry (whom by this time had run for cover in some houses) with my 81mm arty. My infantry platoon flanked the axis spotter, and took him out with ease, once again, before he could fire. I couldn't believe my luck at this point. Finally, at turn 12 (out of 30) all the enemy infantry had either been KIA'd or had routed. I met very little resistance. At one point my stuart had to button when he was attacked by a faust and sporadic gunfire but that was it as far as their defence went.

I noted all the teams were regular - no vets. Even the M3A1's were standard.

I doubt it smile.gif

I think this must have been a one off. I must have played this hundreds of times now, and not once have I ever received the top score. I've had major victories and such like but never with that score.

This was a 500 pointer, by the way, automatically assigned units. I imagine I would have received around 700 points worth of units.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gyrene:

Very nice. AI or Human?

My best is 100 - 0 versus a human in a PBEM Meeting Engagement, I had 1 casualty, but no KIA's.

I'm not going to say who the other guy was. ;)

Gyrene<hr></blockquote>

Good thing you didn't! Otherwise Hiram Sedai would be real anoyed at you huh?

Nope, 'twas I, the guilty party. In about my third PBEM, he (Gyrene) decimated my two stugs without a scratch, then proceeded to shoot all my helpless infantry from range with 3 or 4 Sherms. I surrendered early, as it was just a slaughter.