Shootings holes in stone walls..???

Hey question here: It's possible to shoot down houses with guns, is it also possible to shoot holes in stone walls?? If it is possible the destroy a complete house, how hard can it be to shoot a hole in a stone wall that is blocking my sight? smile.gif

gr

Screeny

Originally posted by Screeny:

... how hard can it be to shoot a hole in a stone wall that is blocking my sight? smile.gif

The CM engine doesn't model the exact point of impact of rounds on buildings or walls. If you fire at the left corner of a building after some time the whole building will collapse.

For a more detailed damage model we will have to wait for the engine rewrite, a.k.a. CMII.

Keep in mind that when CM was developed the whole team consisted of two guys, only one of them a full-time coder.

So a lot of "cool features" had to be left out in order to concentrate on the more important parts.

Mhhhh Thought so that it wasn't possible, I tried all I good think of on a test range, the damn wall still stands after a barrage of 105 mm houwitser...Heck, my dad wishes he had a wall in the garden separating it from the neighbours' garden smile.gif

Well you can't have it all,maybe in CM III smile.gif (Are there any rumors around what theatre we will be playing then?)

gr

Screeny