CMBB Tournament at Rugged Defense

Hello,

Rugged Defense will launch a new CMBB tournament in november 2002. The structure of the tournament depends on how many players will join.

However it will take 6 or 7 or 8 rounds, and in each round you will have to play 2 games one as axis and one as allies, against one or two opponents.

The games should be scenarios, which scenario will be known as the round starts. Scenarios will be made by the crew of Boots and Tracks.

http://www.militarygameronline.com/boots_tracks/

I would like to thank the crew for doing this. :)

The tournament is sponsored by D+S Software which will present a game to the winner. This is the shop where I buy my wargames. http://www.dpluss.nl/

I would also thank them for sponsoring this tournament. :)

Email me when you want to participate or have questions.

http://www.rugged-defense.nl/cm2/CMBBtourney/CMBBtourn.html

--

Best regards,

Cyberfox

Rugged Defense PBEM Wargame Club

Http://www.Rugged-Defense.nl

Just to add some info on the battles we will create for this tourney.

Basically the scenarios will start in June 1941 (Beginning of Barbarrossa) with a German attack in rural Russia close to the border and follow several important events of the eastern front (Like Kursk) until the final of the tourney which will climax with a soviet attack on Berlin in 1945.

Each round of the tourney will follow the timeline, there will be soviet attacks, axis attacks, tank battles, infantry battles, city battles, meeting engagements and so on, each with different weather settings and of varying levels of difficulty and balance.

Just a pre - tourney taste of what's to come.

CDIC

Originally posted by hal9000:

hey CDIC, i didn't realize that you're now a part of Boots & Tracks. congrats!

Terry is the editor of the 'Boots and Tracks Times'. Click on my sig, go to the 'News' section, and you'll see it listed under the October 3rd updates. Excellent work.

Originally posted by hal9000:

hey CDIC, i didn't realize that you're now a part of Boots & Tracks. congrats!

Hi Willard,

Yes i have been invloved for quite a while now, our Red Army Team days were great....but fizzled out. I was inspired by Titan's "Red Army Times" (Remember that?) to produce one for the B&T Team, check out the newsletter as per Kingfish's suggestion.

Best wishes

CDIC

Hi Cyberfox,

If what I read in the forum is true, (divided squads end battle pts problem), it might be a good idea to make sure the tournament only starts after the 1st patch is out. Ok, eager ones, calm down, probably the patch is out before November… ;)

Just in case… we never know :D

Ps- Btw, post it here for 2 proposes…

1-* bump*

2 –your mail server some times is temperamental ;)

If what I read in the forum is true, (divided squads end battle pts problem), it might be a good idea to make sure the tournament only starts after the 1st patch is out.
I second that, Cyberfox. (If that IS your real name, hehe). Also, I wouldn't want to play competitively as long as the LOS bug remains unsquashed. Especially on the attack!

My thought is, as long as you play each scenario from both sides, then LOS bug affects both players so it should even out. Similarly, split squad issue will affect both players when scenario is replayed from both sides so again it evens out.

In other words, you don't have to have a "perfect" game (and no game will ever be perfect, everyone will always think some things about the game are incorrect (e.g. Borg sighting)) to have a good tourney.

LongTom

A few things worth mentioning here:

1) Long Tom is correct, if this RD tourney follows the same procedure as previous RD tourneys each scenario is played twice between both players, one as attacker and one as defender. Therefore, the winner is the one with the highest point total of both battles. Any issues with split squads will effect both players, and both players will have choices to make as to how they conduct their attack and whether they want to use split squads or not.

2) If this is a problem for players we may agree to include some depleted squads (With casualties) in the design of the scenario for use as recon, or we can allocate a recon squad for this puspose (Depending on availability in the time frame and scope of the battle).

I understand that more than 100 players have registered for this tourney already. smile.gif

CDIC

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

...The patch should be ready quite soon. The list of things that are going into the 1.01 patch is pretty much not changing from now on. The 1.02 patch will contain a few more tweaks and fixes, but that will (hopefully) be the last patch. Then it is on to the rewrite!!

Steve

After these words, it is quite obvious the 1st round of the tournament will be played with 1.01. smile.gif

Maybe 1.02 for the 2nd round...

Hi Tanaka,

Your mail went through ok, you are on the list for the tourney.

Here is a list of players enroled for the tournament RD tourney player list - CMBB

Here is the tourney page over at the RD Site, for more info go here: RD-Barbarossa to Berlin Tourney

There are 115 players signed up, only room for another 30 or so.........

CDIC