Use 'em or Lose 'em ; Secret Ammo ???

I played a QB where I ended up with a (squad? platoon?) a gaggle of anti tank rifle guys, but the enemy had no tanks. Ah well.

I *begged* those turkeys to shoot at the enemy infantry regardless, but they just wouldn't do it. Even if it only gave the enemy a bruised knee it would be better than hanging onto that stupid ammo, but they all ended the game with 75T, dead or alive, mostly dead. So. BTS please let me use that ammo in the rewrite.

But I checked their "kills" just to see what might be there, and I'll be dogged- one of them had 7 Inf kills, a couple had 2, a couple had 1...

There's no other weapon shown for those crews, however- not even a handgun, so... how'd they do that? "B" word?

Eden

Support units, such as IG's, ATG's and FT's (and so on...) DO in fact have small arms and will defend themselves if an enemy comes too near. Seen this happen with FT's and guns, so why not tungsten ammo only ATR's (?). ATR's with HE, AP AND T will fire HE againts infantry if ordered, dunno if they have small arms tho' (seems probable).

I had one of those anti-tank units hidden in some woods and a German tank got taken out by one of my Soviet tanks. After the crew bailed I kept hearing pistol fire while watching other action and after focusing on the sound realized that it was the anti-tank unit shooting at the German crew. He was a lousy shot though.

Those anti-tank guys will not shoot at bunkers either. The game will let you target the bunker but the unit never shoots. :confused:

I'm sure in a QB I witnessed Russian anti-tank rifle squad shooting at attacking Germans. The sounds made me think they were shooting their ATR. Maybe the engine doesn't distinguish.

Anyway, surely a 14.5mm round would make quite a mess of your average foot-soldier?

In a scenario, (not named to avoid a spoiler), the Germans get an Anti-Tank rifle and the Russians no armour. The Russians however, get a number of bunkers.

I assumed that the point of the AT rifle was to try and snipe at the bunkers but after targeting he would not fire and lost the target line.

Is this intentional then? Or should AT rifles be able to fire at bunkers?