Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

feature request for the rewritte, feel free to post your request here too ;)

hi there,

i would like to ask for some features for the future CM Games.

Currently im reading the books "Panzer Kampf im Bild" - "Tank fight in pictures" from Will Fey,

puplisht by Dörfler Zeitgeschichte

and "Tiger Die Geschichte einer legendären Waffe 194-45" -"Tiger the history of a legendary weapon 1942-1945" from Egon Kleine / Volkmar Kühn, puplisht by Motorbuch Verlag (excelent books by the way).

In severall fighting reports i read that they were hull down and just waited for the enemy tanks to come in the best range for destroying them.It often happend that the enemy first spotted the Tigers after they shoot a few to several rounds.Was also a nice report that they wait for some T-34 to go down the hill, and than they started shooting at them, they couldnt repeat fire, cause they couldnt turn the gun that high, in this report was also noticed that 2 Su-100 where 800 to 900 meters away for covering the advancing T-34, they didnt spot the 2 Tigers, only than when the Tigers begun to shooting at them (and failed cause the strong frontal armor of the SU-100).

Now my question, will this go in to the rewritte, i mean, can we "hide" tanks ?

I mean when they stand still (engine off) the enemy has no sound contact and when they just have their gun "over the hill/wall/whatever) they get a extra bonus, for beeing hiden.

Or mabe hidden in scarterred trees ?

I mean the closer the enemy is the easier is it to spot the tanks.

When i think about i see myself that it is not that easy to implent, but i think it would be a really gameplay improvment!

Sincerly Jean-Pierre

[ October 22, 2002, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: JPSeiler ]

Originally posted by Schoerner:

...and it works quite well.

Mm... This reminds me of a game where my opponent was attacking, and drove around my defense area with a recon vehicle (the gamey sob ;) ).

Anyway, at one point I noticed that I could use this situation to my advantage. I had a Tiger near his probable route - I hid it, and gave it an ambush order away from the estimated route of the recon vehicle. The recon vehicle drove happily just behind the Tiger, and didn't see it.

Later on the Tiger was quite a nice surprise asset... smile.gif

I made some tests, with hiding tanks, hull down + scattered trees, played as hot seat, and i allways spotted the hidden tanks ... .

I mean take a look and try to spot a tank yourself, not with the n key or just scalling the units up, its really hard !

I mean they are just to easy to spot.

And in reallife the tankcommander could not concetrat his view on one point, they allways had to "scan" minimum 180°, okey they have scopes, but with scopes they have not that big viewfield.

Jean-Pierre