The Nordic Championships (Part II)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heads up Section III and tournament management!

On Sunday 13/1 I will go on a 2-week vacation and will not be back until Monday 28/1.

During that time I will be practically incommunicado, except for perhaps checking in on the forum once or so.

This is why I was anxious to get the pool-play over with, before I left.

Hopefully I will be able to finish one or two more games before I leave.

I will also notify all of Section III via email.

Finished! All 5 of them. Without going to details, results were not good, but expected anyway... :(

Thanks to section 4 players. These were entertaining and educating games for newbie. Thank you Porta for not letting me finish last :D

Special thanks to Treeburst, Nabla and Winecape! You are doing a great job. Guys like you make me sure to come back to play another tournament (after a little practise).

Pixie

PS Winecape, could I get quick players reward (bottle of wine)? It's getting cold up here tongue.gif

Than YOU, Pixie, for completing all your games within the time frame. You will be looked upon favorably should you request entry into any future WineCape tournaments.

BTW, all future WineCape tournaments will require an application process. We did this with the Wild Bill tournament and had noticeably fewer dropouts. We think there is a connection there.

Treeburst155 out.

If a guy has five PBEM games going at once, sends one file per day per game, and his opponents do likewise, all games would be completed in 45 days. Chances are one or two of these files that must be dealt with each day would just be "movie only" phases. I think it's reasonable to say that a player could easily process five turns per day in 90 minutes of CM time.

With a time period of 90 days to work with, the player could deal with many Real Life obligations, vacations, etc. and still make the deadline. People should not sign up for these tourneys if they are not prepared to spend 60-90 minutes every other day (on average)for 3 months processing turns.

These tourneys are a commitment of a significant chunk of your recreational time. I just don't think people take the time to think about what they are getting into when they sign on.

Treeburst155 out.

Well, my games are coming to an end, not counting the game vs Fate who came in late thanks to GhostDog... So far it looks like I'll compete to get that much sought last place ( I definitely heard that finishing last is basically the same as finishing second) ;)

Treeburst, you got the result from my game vs Juha A (Lucky sod)? Was that enough?

[Edit to remind Juha A that the "Lucky sod" comment is meant to be lighthearted] smile.gif

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: vskalex ]</p>

Vskalex,

Your battle with Juha A (Enough is Enough) has been recorded.

I've got some more bad news, guys. Loke is being forced to resign his commission as he will have to put in a great deal of overtime at the hospital where he works due to an outbreak of a nasty flu bug. Hospital staff is getting sick, along with the already ill patients. I will start looking for a replacement immmediately.

Good luck with the epidemic, Loke. Get plenty of rest to keep your resistance up!

Treeburst155 out.

Alrighty then, Kingfish will take Loke's place. Please forward your latest Loke file to Kingfish. He can be reached at: SC112565@aol.com Thanks Kingfish!! Welcome to the Nordic Championships!

I will be forwarding 5 emails to you that were originally sent to Loke. There is one email for each of the five games. Your briefings and passwords for each game are attached. You will also receive some .cmb files in games where you are the Germans. Since all the games are in progress you will not need these, but may want to look them over anyway. Thanks again! Now I'll dig up the files for you.

Treeburst155 out.

Welcome aboard, Kingfish! You should find an email from me in your mailbox.

A quick update on the infamous <g> section III:

My game with Stefan is finished, and I feel that Tero will soon bring our game to a premature end. smile.gif Games with Conny and Torbhen are proceeding smoothly, with turns flying around at least twice a day.

-Lunael

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cogust:

Tero,

That 60 second flick of yours were dated 1996, so it went right to the bottom of my mail program. I've found it though. smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

How many unread messages do you have then ? :D