Infantry experience ratings and reactions to fire [LONG]

But your missing the point....

That STILL leaves you with the dilemma...are troops who are 'green' (or have less combat experience or however you define it...) more likely to continue in the face of withering fire than regular or veteran or 'able' or whatever you call them?

Let's hypothetically separate out experience and morale...

Highly experienced troops with high morale..do they press home an attack? Or do they hit the dirt and start returning fire?

Rookie/Green troops with high morale.. do they press home an attack? or do they hit the dirt and start returning (less effective than above) fire?

You want to assault across 150m of open ground covered by machine guns.. which of the appropriate experience / morale matrix is most likely to make it across?

Whatever you choose it is an assumption that cannot (currently) be backed up...so who's to say the current behaviour of green / veteran troops is wrong??

So maybe it's not the key point after all ;)

You see complicating the model does not per se give a more accurate model, jsut a more complicated one..

(and yes I've changed my mind since an earlier post... because I then assumed I could back up my assertion and I can't!)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic