Strategy Guide errata? (for BTS)

I've just received my strategy guide, and I think that overall it is very useful. The typos and grammatical errors are distracting (hey, I'm an English teacher!), but I can live with them.

However, given the errors that have crept into the text, it seems that some double-checking of the data tables is in order. Is BTS doing this? Will there be a list of corrections made available for us to pencil in? The numbers really need to be accurate for the guide to do any good.

Thanks.

Fully agree with this ......

There shouldnt have been anywhere near as many typo's in the book as there are ... but its not something I'm going to lose sleep over.

However the data tables need to be accurate for the book to be of use ... typo's are not really acceptable in those areas.

Given BFC's previous (and current) commitment to customer support, I would hope they will issue a list of any corrections to the data tables, or even just some confirmation that they have been checked and are correct !

For those of you who have the SG ... check the last line on page 4/52. Some sound advice there for the author and proof readers :D;)tongue.gif

Lou2000

[ December 17, 2002, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: Lou2000 ]

The grammatical errors are annoying, but loads of incorrect info on tables in inexcusable. That's the reason that half of us bought the book. This is not consistent with the quality of everything else battlefront. shame.

It isn't our duty to find all the damn errors and report them. The editor should be shot.

Do you suppose Bersaglieri rifle squads had more than 5 Carcano rifles?

Funny thing, I was just logging to the board to post the exact same thing, and it appears someone already beat me to it.

Battlefront - the unprofessionalism of this pathetic attempt of a strategy manual is inexcusable. My 9 year old has better spelling than the person who wrote this.

I don't recommend this strategy manual at all.

This book should be re-written and all those who purchased it should recieve another copy. Whoever wrote it should be ashamed, and should go back to school.

[ December 18, 2002, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Rudee ]

Originally posted by Rudee:

This book should be re-written and all those who purchased it should recieve (sic) another copy. Whoever wrote it should be ashamed, and should go back to school.

I assume you were making a point about the spelling? It's a little subtle.

This book should be re-written and all those who purchased it should recieve another copy. Whoever wrote it should be ashamed, and should go back to school.

Wow! :eek:

I hope your messages never have any spelling mistakes.

As a graphic designer myself I noticed the typos as well as a couple of other design and layout issues, for example labelling the section on German guns and vehicles as Allied guns and vehicles, and the Battlefront logo black not blending into the black on the background color.

But having said that it is a very handy book and definitely useful. If I may be so bold as too say that I should imagine that the tables are more than likely accurate, the the spell checker took a day off.

Please excuse any typos in this message.

Conanart

Wow! :eek:

I hope your messages never have any spelling mistakes.

As a graphic designer myself I noticed the typos as well as a couple of other design and layout issues, for example labelling the section on German guns and vehicles as Allied guns and vehicles, and the Battlefront logo black not blending into the black on the background color.

But having said that it is a very handy book and definitely useful. If I may be so bold as too say that I should imagine that the tables are more than likely accurate, the the spell checker took a day off.

Please excuse any typos in this message.

Conanart

Funny thing, I was just logging to the board to post the exact same thing, and it appears someone already beat me to it.

Battlefront - the unprofessionalism of this pathetic attempt of a strategy manual is inexcusable. My 9 year old has better spelling than the person who wrote this.

By the way, there is only one "e" in Rude! :D

Buenos dias.

Strategy guide has hit Spain also. I received it on Monday. I honestly have not noticed outrageous spelling mistakes (well ,armor for armour :D )at least any catching the eye of a non-native. I had a mixed bag feeling about the guide, positive on the tactics hints but on the other hand the pictures do not help at all...dunno why they made it so long. I would have paid big money for a A4 format ( or bigger ) hardcover edition. Anyway it is just my 2 eurocents.

Originally posted by Mikelas:

Speaking of spelling...it's recEIve, not recIEve.

My 4 year old even knows the old saying about I before E except after C.

Glad I could clear this up for you.

Mike

OUCH! Yes, if you're going to be a grammer snoob, make damn sure you use your spellchecker. Hehehe.....grammer snoob.

The book is a rush job, for sure. Every aspect of it feels quick, cheap, and dirty. I wouldn't go so far as to say the strat guide is useless and shouldn't be ordered. If you don't know tactics, it will still be very helpful, even if the author uses "led" for "lead" about fifty times. However if you're a decent strategist, and I think the majority of CMBO/CMBB diehards are, then it's a questionable purchase. Almost all of this information, with the exception of the inserted "tips", is present in the game manual, albeit in a slightly less accessible format. I hardly think the tables warrant the $15-$18 price.

[ December 19, 2002, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: jmbunnelle ]