Flamethrowers still get priority targeting

I was playing a quick battle yesterday and noticed that when my flamethrowers were on the move the enemy would switch targets and immediatly go for the flamethrowers.

Now I know the computer doesn't want me to get to close with those things ;) but when the flamethrower is over 700m away and there are other units that are actually firing on the

computer unit that are alot closer you think the computer would give them less priority.

I found that if I moved my flamethrower units out and then moved my infantry slightly after the computer would leave the infantry alone and concentrate on the flamethrowers. I think that

they should have a low priority unless within 100m. I watched a russian 76mm gun stop firing on the machine gun that was trying to suppress it so it could shoot at the flamethrower at twice the distance from it.

Originally posted by Teutonicc:

I think that

they should have a low priority unless within 100m.

Then you don't think like a grunt in the field. Flamethrowers are priority targets... always have been, always will be. Few fears are stronger than the fear of burning to death

I would shoot them too as it appears that now they can shoot from behind friendly troops, unlike in CMBO where they had to get right up to the front line - first time it happened, a FT shot from well back in a factory, over a full platoon of it's men at some troops advancing outside towards the factory. A nice surprise that makes the Ft lass vulnerable in combat.