Can Slings be modded on rifles??

I know this may sound stupid, but I noticed that there are no slings on the rifles, I happen to have the M91/30 and K98 rifles, including he PPsH sub gun, and they all have orig. slings, I was wondering if it is possible to mod these to the rifles in the CMBB game??

Not really. Just pay the $200 transfer tax to the BATF, and wait for the paperwork to go through. That's the easy part. Coming up with the thousands the weapon will cost you is the hard part.

I know, because I am the proud owner of a real-life MP-40. Made in 1941, it is an awesome little piece of history. If only it could speak of the places it has been..

On that note, barbecue over at Sgt. Steiner's place. I'll bring the beer and bullets. :D Although alcohol and guns don't exactly mix well. :(

Anyway, can you tell me the how's and where's to purchasing these old WWII guns? Any links? Thanks for any help.

Well I aquired the nice little shooter as a parts kit per BATF standards, and after some tinkering well it now works, only as a nonfiring per BATF rules mind you (HEH HEH) I even got it shooting 9mm, I picked up a repro conversion kit that was reproduced off of the german conversion kit that the germans used after they captured the weapon from the russians, a barrel and clip conversion that will let a MP40 clip be used, And thanks for the info bout the sling modding I know its just eye candy, but it did look kinda strange.

Oh and you can go to www.ima-usa and find plenty, there are a pretty good bit out there, international antiques inc. is a good one to. just type in your search box" machine gun parts kits"or just "parts kits" I have a real nice sten MK5 and a Bren gun and a MG42( still tinkering with the MG42 kit)

Tracer, I do hope you're not implying in a public forum that you have manufactured functional Class III weapons from demilled parts kits. This is a very big Federal no-no, and will easily get you 10 years in the Big House per offence. Be careful out there.

Andrej

C&R FFL

What Bimmer said. Only dummy guns can be assembled from a parts kit, unless you have a BATF registered receiver to go with it.

That is the route I took years ago, but unfortunately, the supply of registered receivers has all but dried up; class III dealers nowadays have (mostly)only complete (and much more expensive) weapons for sale..

It's just the way your first post was worded that gave the impression everything wasn't quite on the up and up. BTW, where did you ever find a PPSH receiver not already part of a gun? There aren't that many PPSH's in the country to begin with, and the BATF certainly isn't allowing any new ones in. I've seen those semi-auto PPSH's for sale, but they have that cheesy extra long barrel that isn't authentic at all..

I spend a lot of time in europe, visiting family and friends, and also relic hunting on eastern front battlefields. My grandfather was a big collector of firearms, he was a major in WW2, "well the rights of the victor"he aquired a lot of things including, armor,swords,WW2 weapons and articles, even WW1 things,including other things like antique furniture and the like alot of those things were donated to war museums, And some of the things I was given. That is how my interests in WW2 were sparked, I remeber some of the HMGs he had in his collection, he had several, (which these are deactivated) and are now in war meseums. I have a uncle who has a stuart tank, and yes the guns are deactivated, don't get concerned, LOL, strange though the rest of my family are'nt interested in the stuff my father collects coins. I guess I was the odd ball.

Can't say I blame him. Mine is my most prized possession, and wouldn't trade it for anything (except maybe an MP-38 :D ). Since I got mine back in '94 prices have gone through the roof. I had a chance to get an MG-34 for $3000 then, but I didn't do it, and have been kicking myself ever since. Now they're $15,000 minimum. Sigh.. :(

Believe me, I know the feeling, you think, ahh they'll still be around, and end up getting mad at yourself for not getting them when they were cheap. I remember you could get a M1 garand or carbine for $200, heck one time a dealer was selling M2s and did'nt know it, believe it or not.

Ahh the good old days. My best deal was at some old lady's yard sale. Her husband, a Pacific theater vet, had passed away, and she was selling his souvenirs. Picked up a Type 38 and Type 99 Arisaka in mint condition for $50 for the both of them. Found a near-mint WW1 Gewehr 98 at another sale for $75. It was hard to resist the urge to run back to my car as fast as I could with that one.. :D