Satchel Charges and Building Demolition

Originally posted by Voxman:

Has anyone tested the number of Pioneer Satchel charges is required to blow-up the various buildings.

It seems with Town Buildings, it takes three Pioneers to throw their charges. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

You are aware that there are "heavy" buildings and "light" buildings, and that they are the same regardless of whether they are in a town or on the steppe, aren't you?

I've used grenade bundles and satchel charges to bring down all kinds of structures, but I've never heard of a requirement to have three squads targetting at the same time - is that what you are suggesting?

In last night's QB, I left my Pioneers near a minefield and they tossed a charge at it, one charge...

There was a building *nearby*, maybe 20-25m distant, which blew up pretty spectacularly. I watched the replay, just to be sure of what was going on there- it looked like an ammo depot accidentally went up!

Anyhow, one charge for me, on a normal light bldg, not even being targetted. In the same QB, I took out another normal light building housing an enemy- one charge, no problem.

Eden

Originally posted by Thermopylae:

The manual alludes to some light buildings being "shacks" which will go boom very easily...mayhaps you threw near one of those?

Edit because I can't spell.

That's right - the "shacks" are like extra-light buildings. Also, if you had random damage on, the building could have already been somewhat damaged.

Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

That's right - the "shacks" are like extra-light buildings.

Indeed they are, but I'm 99.9% certain this was a "light building"- you guessed it, I didn't save that game. Of course I took a very good look at it- initially I wondered whether some unseen gun was shooting at my Pioneers, or what in the world was happening over there...

Also, if you had random damage on, the building could have already been somewhat damaged.
Can a building can be "somewhat damaged" by the QB randomness, but NOT have any kind of Warning above it when warnings are on?

Eden

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

In last night's QB, I left my Pioneers near a minefield and they tossed a charge at it, one charge...

There was a building *nearby*, maybe 20-25m distant, which blew up pretty spectacularly. I watched the replay, just to be sure of what was going on there- it looked like an ammo depot accidentally went up!

possible SPOILER

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

In the scenario Cremetary Hill i had one Pionier-Zug in a house close to a minefield.

Guess what happened?

I forgot about them :rolleyes: and suddenly the house exploded... :cool: