You Germans have it; now tell us about it.

KG_Jag

Originally posted by busboy:

That looks like a Soviet 122mm field piece, captured and put into German service. The Western allies ran into some of those in the west actually.

I think it's the 12.8cm K 18/2, a K44 mounted on the carriage of a Russian 152mm M1937. Dunno about that muzzle brake, though.

- Chris

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by killmore:

1) Blames everything on SS.

2) Vermacht soldiers are good even try to save civilians and exchange food with enemy

3) SS makes their life hell

4) Vermacht starves while SS has tons of food

Typical "We blame SS/Hitler - Germans are not bad" movie

The only redeming quality is that there are no millions of mongol subhumans that germans can't kill due to luck of ammo.

Interesting. I own the DVD and have watched it several times...

1) I don't recall the SS being mentioned once in the entire movie

2) All the real bastard characters are Wehrmacht

3) There are no SS in the movie... nor were there any at Stalingrad

4) Again, there are no SS in the movie nor were there any SS at Stalingrad

Nippy, did the movie-scenario and it works beautifully. The only problem is that the T-34 always clump and clog in the beginning turns at the wooden edge. A 300 vs. 1000 pt. scenario

Of course i took 7 T-34/76, quite frightening and intense !

Kilmore: Wrong, if you've watched the movie carefully you would have noticed that there's a scene where a Hauptmann and a normal soldier talk about the war (The two know each other from peacetimes). The soldier says that he hates all the officers for they made it all possible. This clearly includes the Wehrmacht as a whole.

It's certainly no Hollywood-style John Waynee hero-crap, in fact all "heros" die in the end.

Greets

Daniel

That multi-baffled muzzle break looks distinctly Russian, and the carriage looks exactly like what I remember from a picture taken by the 6th Armored I believe.

I have those two books on Patton's campeigns, Patton: D-day to Victory and Patton's Tank Drive. The text details the campeigns of the 3rd Amry but the pictures show LOTS of great unit pictures, and that is where I'm recalling that one gun from. I loaned those books out though, I can't look it up.

Be nice if someone with the game would confirm it. smile.gif

Originally posted by TSword:

Nippy, did the movie-scenario and it works beautifully. The only problem is that the T-34 always clump and clog in the beginning turns at the wooden edge. A 300 vs. 1000 pt. scenario

Of course i took 7 T-34/76, quite frightening and intense !

Kilmore: Wrong, if you've watched the movie carefully you would have noticed that there's a scene where a Hauptmann and a normal soldier talk about the war (The two know each other from peacetimes). The soldier says that he hates all the officers for they made it all possible. This clearly includes the Wehrmacht as a whole.

It's certainly no Hollywood-style John Waynee hero-crap, in fact all "heros" die in the end.

Greets

Daniel

Glad it worked out well. As I recall, in the movie, all they had to stop the T-34's with was a single 75mm PAK and some AT magnetic mines.

"It's certainly no Hollywood-style John Waynee hero-crap, in fact all "heros" die in the end."

As for the movie, two scenes stick out in my mind.

1. The scene at the airfield with the Field police desperatply trying to keep all the wounded at bay with their MP40's

2. Near the start of the movie right after the attack on the factory is finished and the Germans are standing around.

"I s*** my pants! Jesus Christ, I s*** my pants!"

"Join the club..."

I don't think all the characters "died" per-see I beleive one of them joins a long collom of prisioners right after Paulus surrenders. Not that his chances of survival were good mind you, but he didn't die on camera.

would you guys say that the movie is worth the buy...im thinking of purchasing it though i need some more info preferably from people who saw it...this is the first time ive heard of this movie....and one more thing do you guys think they sell it here in the US like Best Buy and others....

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

would you guys say that the movie is worth the buy...im thinking of purchasing it though i need some more info preferably from people who saw it...this is the first time ive heard of this movie....and one more thing do you guys think they sell it here in the US like Best Buy and others....

Yeah, It's worth buying. I got my copy at Curcuit City

Originally posted by TSword:

Greets

Daniel

Yeah, but killmore doesn't let stuff like facts come in his way. Give him the usual Hollywood-USA-is-the-best war movies and Im sure he is happy. :rolleyes: