Trenches in setup

First of all I should say that any of you complaining about the AI just be a lousy player like I am. Don't have a plan (sure it was done), don't pay close attention to what's going on (done also) and you get your clock cleaned like I just did in a quick battle.

Anyway what am I doing wrong? I am given trenches, why can't I place any units in them?

Has it appeared to anyone else that trenches give the owning player possession of victory flags? I noticed that it seems to do so in a scenario I am playing. I don't think I have any other units close enough to cause the flag to turn to my color.

If this is true, it definitely counts as a bug.

Michael

I notice in one of the scenarios on the CD, one side sets up inside a building, with trenches INSIDE THE BUILDING. Is this to simulate a fortified building? I don't rate this as a bug - I like the flexibility of simulating unintended stuff (my fav was to put an ammoless bunker in a building and use it as a demolition target for commando-style scenarios since you can't order pioneers to blow up buildings or bridges on purpose).

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I notice in one of the scenarios on the CD, one side sets up inside a building, with trenches INSIDE THE BUILDING.

I think the buildings were placed on top of the trenches. I haven't tried to do it myself, but I don't think the game will let you place trenches inside buildings otherwise.

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I notice in one of the scenarios on the CD, one side sets up inside a building, with trenches INSIDE THE BUILDING.

I think the buildings were placed on top of the trenches. I haven't tried to do it myself, but I don't think the game will let you place trenches inside buildings otherwise.</font>