Help with the Stoumont operation . . .

Here is my question.

I'm playing as the Axis vs. AI and having a good time. The 1st battle and 2nd battles were pretty great. But after that, I've met almost NO resistance.

Since I wiped the map clean of Americans in the 1st two battles, I've met a single MMG team in the 3rd battle, a single 60mm mortar in the 4th battle and so far nothing in the 5th battle. It's getting a bit boring. :(

I've set up each of the last three battles painstakingly. Then advanced under cover and with massive fire support. Always looking for the expected enemy. NOTHING! I get to the end of the map, BLOINK! On to the next battle.

Will the G.I.'s get any reinforcements? Or should I consider this a win and quit it now. (I don't want to keep moving my forces across this massive map for the next 7 battles if there is no one waiting at the other end.)

Help anyone? smile.gif

Hmmm. Thanks Leta.

So you're saying that even with reinforcements coming for the yanks, it won't be much?

I'll still be able to steamroller over 'em without too much difficulty?

I wonder if it is worth finishing the operation if it's just a small force left in my way.

Gpig

Yeah, I think it is the one by Franko. The one with the 12 battles. It also tells you to restart the battle if you don't get "fog" as the weather condition. (The Axis player is supposed to restart it until he DOES get "fog" as the weather condition.)

What's the title to YOUR Stoumont operation? Maybe I should try that one out. smile.gif

Thanks,

Gpig

Originally posted by Gpig:

Good GAWD, man!

Frako's True Combat rules with a 12 battle operation involving Battalion sized engagements . . . !?

(faints)

BLONK! (falls over backwards)

"moaaan . . ."

;)

Yep, takes nearly 10 minutes per turn, but it means playing the AI can still be fun and challenging. :D

What are "Frako's True Combat" rules?

Gpig if you can find MrFred (or is it Mr Fred) posting here, ask him about his "axisattack" operation. Agreed to playtest awhiles back and it took me 3 goes to make any significant headway. Shoot me an email and I will send it to you to give a run-through. It's like 11 battles @ 25 rounds/battle.

Originally posted by mike the wino:

What are "Frako's True Combat" rules?

Looks like it has all the updates done over time, but a quick search showed this for Franko's True Combat rules ----> http://home.arcor.de/tcmhq/Nifranko.htm

This really can make playing the AI fun as it takes away a lot of the omniscience we normally have.

Ok. I just finished it.

The op was actually 11 battles (not 12, like I stated before), but I finished off the Americans by the end of the 5th battle. Before night fell on the 6th day.

It is SO obvious that this Op is for play against humans ONLY. smile.gif

I curse the day I started this Op without a worthy human opponent on the other side. smile.gif

Gpig

[ August 27, 2002, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Gpig ]