Realese date for CMBB in the UK. and the rest of Europe.

PK

I know the general realese date is 20th sept but I've looked on the CDV web site and it says that the realese date for the english version is yet to be confirmed but the German version is out on the 20th.. Does anyone know when we will be able to order the English version of CMBB through CDV.

The release dates for Europe are dicated by CDV. It is in their best interests to launch everything as close to the 20th as possible, but I don't know if they will do this. I assume this will become known soon.

Just for clarification... Western Europeans (including Greece) can only order the PC version of CMBB through CDV. This is a standard "territory" arrangement (they can't sell into the US, we can't sell into Western Europe) that is both beneficial and necessary. The Mac version is only available through us no matter where someone lives.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

The release dates for Europe are dicated by CDV. It is in their best interests to launch everything as close to the 20th as possible, but I don't know if they will do this. I assume this will become known soon.

Steve, do you know where we non-German Europeans are supposed to turn if we have any questions regarding the CM2 release in Europe outside Germany? There is no English forum on the CDV site, heck they do not even have the English demo available for download. It seems that a part of your customer base is kind of stuck in limbo, so to speak.

Mattias

Western Europeans (including Greece) can only order the PC version of CMBB through CDV. This is a standard "territory" arrangement (they can't sell into the US, we can't sell into Western Europe) that is both beneficial and necessary. The Mac version is only available through us no matter where someone lives.

Oh dear. So the "standard territory" arrangement works for PCs only? Hehe - that sounds like a lot of tripe to me. Beneficial and necessary?

You've got to be kidding!!

What have we here? BTS is now plugging in to the Great Commercial Rip-off? Is that what a certain amount of success has done to the once decicated web-community games development? Oh dear, oh dear!

You know what? Keep your game!

Bye

Tedrik

Just for clarification... Western Europeans (including Greece) can only order the PC version of CMBB through CDV. This is a standard "territory" arrangement (they can't sell into the US, we can't sell into Western Europe) that is both beneficial and necessary. The Mac version is only available through us no matter where someone lives.

Steve

Moon,

My point was that ordering it from CDV doeen't make much sense if you're in the UK, because of postage costs, it would be better to buy it in the shop or order from a UK e-tailer.

If you check out the websites for GAME and Electronic Boutique both have it listed as available in UK on 20 Sept ... though I assume this is the absolute earliest date. They all seem to have it listed as Combat Mission 2 not CMBB as we all lovingly (and correctly) call it !

GAME are taking pre-orders on their website ....and have been for the past week.

http://www.game.uk.com/review.asp?tab=pc&rev_id=146516

Not much info on the website though :(

Ordered mine 3 days ago ... they say it should be shipped the day PRIOR to release in the shops !!

WooooHooo ! :D

Just for clarification... Western Europeans (including Greece) can only order the PC version of CMBB through CDV.

Steve

Just a "funny" note, if they sell it in Greece, they would be breaking Greece law, since they recently outlawed ALL games.

Originally posted by Panzer76:

Before this tread degenerates into a "BTS is ripping us off", "it makes no sense" etc, STOP. It's totally BS, and have been discussused to death! If u want to see what the long and very detailed BTS response to this was, do a search on the CMBO forum.

I agree.

PK, the closest CDV have admitted to is late September/early October. As the localisation is being done by BFC, not by CDV as some people seem to think, they probably can't give a definite date just yet.

[ September 07, 2002, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Firefly ]

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Just for clarification... Western Europeans (including Greece) can only order the PC version of CMBB through CDV.

Steve

Just a "funny" note, if they sell it in Greece, they would be breaking Greece law, since they recently outlawed ALL games.</font>

Originally posted by Firefly:

PK, the closest CDV have admitted to is late September/early October. As the localisation is being done by BFC, not by CDV as some people seem to think, they probably can't give a definite date just yet.

Thanks for the info firefly. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

It will be painfull though knowing our American cousins have the game whilst we will possibly have to wait a few more weeks. :rolleyes: O'well can't be helped. I know BFC will be rushing around like blue arsed flys trying get this game out (well I hope they are :D ) and all we have to do is wait, I think I can manage that.

Steve, thanks for the quick reply, much apprieciated.