Team Play

Does this sound possible? A large CMBB quick battle is started. There are two human players on each side. Each player is responsible for specific units on their side. Player A on side one makes his or her unit's moves, saves the game and sends it to Player B on side one who makes his or her unit's moves. Player B of side one executes the turn and sends it to the opposing team who repeats the process. Action movies would be forwarded to both players on a side so they can see results with Player A continuing play.

This would extend how long a quick battle via E-mail would last but definately allow for team play. I have never seen this idea proposed on these forums but it may have already been discussed. Anything wrong with this idea?

[ October 13, 2002, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Commander ]

First there is a problem when purchasing units. You can't save the game while you are in the unit purchase screen. Player A has to buy the army. Second you can't save the game when it's in the movie phase. That means you need some more coordination between player A and B what results in much more file exchange (both have to watch the movie, and therefore both need the original file from team 2). I don't think this will work fine unless you define an algorithm.

We tried this in CMBO, and it worked okay. I have been messing around with some options in CMBB, and the only new nice improvement is the ability to import maps in QB's. That way you can have a very large map that is not all messed up from being computer generated. I would be interested to see what others are doing on this.

Chad

Originally posted by Bruceov:

In our club we play Lan CMBO games with up to 4 subcommanders on a side including one overall commander per side. Assignments are handed out and the battle is fought. We play every saturday like this.

This sounds really interesting. Will you provide additional details? Does everyone have their own computer? Five people on one computer? How big of battles? How do you set something like this up?

Originally posted by Bruceov:

In our club we play Lan CMBO games with up to 4 subcommanders on a side including one overall commander per side. Assignments are handed out and the battle is fought. We play every saturday like this.

That's a great idea. I'm gonna see if I can get something like this going with my buddies. You know, I can't help but think how great something like this would be if it was "officially" implemented within CMBO or CMBB.

Out,

Volstag

Capt. Spaulding, my frequent PBEM opponent, and I often play on the same team vs the AI. In fact we are playing 21st Panzer Operation right now.

After deciding who controls what units we each make our moves. The last to move pushes GO. That player watches the movie then plots his moves. Then sends the turn back. Along with the turn we communicate by Email or telephone, the player who viewed the movie describing the how and why things happen. Then the player receiving the half plotted turn makes his moves and pushes GO and the cycle continues.

When situations merit we may go out of turn such has when one player is in the thick of it and the other is in a quiet sector, the one in the fight will get to watch the movie.

It works for us...... Toad