Happy, happy, joy, joy...

PEN

I just got my very one copy of CMBB!! It is still wrapped in its thin, transparent plasticcover... There it goes... Unwrapped!!

I am still at work, but in just a few hours, my arse will be handed to me by the AI. I shall enjoy every minute of it.

I shall enjoy watching my troops panic and try to sneak thousands of meters over the open, snowcovered russian steppes. I shall laugh, as my biggest, meanest, most scary peace of hardware chickens out of an engagement with an unarmed german truck.

This is better than christmass!!

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

Then try "Surprise at Balkovski" as German, and "JaegerMeister" as Russian.

Then tell us the results and what you've learnt ! :D:D

You want a Challenge??? :D

Its JaegerMeister as the Russians!

The AI for the Germans knows what to do to defeat you as the Russians every time. (Hint: use EFOW and Default Set-up [NOT computer chosen setup])

smile.gif

-tom w

Okay, came home from work a few hours ago.. Had to walk the dog, make dinner, let the wife finish her game of solitaire (told her it´s possible to play that using real cards - The look I got!!) and now! Finally!! I am about to install the game!!! Okay, just after I´ve downloaded the patch... A massive 68mb. Should take me no more than an hour...

But when all is ready, I shall try out the missions you guys suggested. As long as they are not to big, I still have to go to work tomorrow.

Really looking forwad to this. Just saying that, in case it wasn´t obvious.

Off to the front, then.

Tried out "A warm place to sleep", playing as axis. On the first go I got my ass kicked, but it was fun, and it was obvious, why it happened. On the second go, I coordinated my advance with the panzer better, and managed to destroy a lot of russian tanks and get my infantry into the nice, warm house.Victory ensured, I foolishsly thought, and boldly rushed my panzer forward to kill off the russian peasants in the area. Don´t really know what happened, but my Panzer began to blow up. Apparently the peasants in the area had armed themselves with more than pitchforks and turnips. Anyway, it was getting late, I quit the game and went to sleep, to dream of more battles on the eastern front.

Wow, what a game. It´s probably harder than CMBO, but much more realistic, imho. Especially the infantry behaves much more like "real" people.

Can´t wait to get home and have another go.