Just saw the strangest thing...

In a QB against the AI tonight (not my fault, I'm waiting for turns in FOUR PBEMs), a regular British rifle squad took out a SP Gun? from 400 meters. Eliminated, mind you, not abandoned.

In any case, WOW!! That's some shootin'!

I'll post the screen shots once I figure out how...

Guy

EDIT: I beg your pardon. It WAS eliminated, not abandoned.

[ July 01, 2002, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: GWDWD ]

Originally posted by GWDWD:

In a QB against the AI tonight (not my fault, I'm waiting for turns in FOUR PBEMs), a regular British rifle squad took out a SP Gun? from 400 meters. (Abandoned, not eliminated.) What are the odds I'm up against conscripts?? ;)

In any case, WOW!! That's some shootin'!

I'll post the screen shots once I figure out how...

Guy

Shooting at the front or to the sides? Most SP guns have very little side armor.

Good shooting in any case!

Gyrene

I had 2 count them 2 volksgrenadier sqauds routed from an American platoon 930 meters away shooting at them in a tree line. And they took 0 casualties.

I have seen some pretty unbelievable things in this game. But watching as the better half of a toon is routed from measly rifle fire from 2/3rds of a mile was quite pathetic.

BTW they were regular quality also.

Gen

Originally posted by redwolf:

I fit was rear, it was probably a Marder. They have zero armor at the upper rear hull.

Really? From 400m? That's a really gosh darn long way.

Sorry, I'm pathetic and I play against the AI a lot, but I thought this was just WEIRD. Never seen anything like it.

Guy