Take No Prisoners!

Now that a few turns have elapsed, it is time to end the controversy. This screenshot shows an unspotted infantry unit attacking the halftrack in question from 31m. The grenade is in the air, and actually flies over the head of the liberated prisoners running for cover in the center. Just chalk it up to poor spotting by a buttoned up halftrack in the fog.

grenade.jpg

P.S. Got him with a PIAT a few turns later...

Originally posted by TexasToast:

Now that a few turns have elapsed, it is time to end the controversy. This screenshot shows an unspotted infantry unit attacking the halftrack in question from 31m. The grenade is in the air, and actually flies over the head of the liberated prisoners running for cover in the center. Just chalk it up to poor spotting by a buttoned up halftrack in the fog.

grenade.jpg

P.S. Got him with a PIAT a few turns later...

This was one of the great psyche jobs I've seen in CM:BO. You had your opponent literally "in a fog". I admire your patience keeping your secret. Somehow I suspect you got a big kick out of this thread. :D

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

It reminds me of those bloody-minded Confederates at Fredericksburg (Or was it Cold Harbor?), who said, upon seeing the bravery of their opponents, "We forgot they were fighting us and cheered at their courage."

Cold Harbor. Afterwards Grant admitted that the Union attacks were a big mistake.