Unexpected Vulnerability

While waiting for a pbem turn I started a QB vs AI. Used s o p of officer spotter viewing from the upper front window of a building for a mortar located in the back yard. Friendly Hetzer is in the driveway. Enemy armor appears, TD and Priest. Both engage Hetzer. Errant shot from either Priest or TD hits the front of the building. No effect on officer spotter or hidden MG in guest bedroom.

Mortar in back yard gets Kayoed, crew ok but crawls under picnic table. Should I have closed the blinds?

"What the hell happened?" ... Jake, from 'Sand Pebbles'

Surprised Toad

Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

While waiting for a pbem turn I started a QB vs AI. Used s o p of officer spotter viewing from the upper front window of a building for a mortar located in the back yard. Friendly Hetzer is in the driveway. Enemy armor appears, TD and Priest. Both engage Hetzer. Errant shot from either Priest or TD hits the front of the building. No effect on officer spotter or hidden MG in guest bedroom.

Mortar in back yard gets Kayoed, crew ok but crawls under picnic table. Should I have closed the blinds?

"What the hell happened?" ... Jake, from 'Sand Pebbles'

Surprised Toad

ROFLMAO!!!

That's gotta be one of the funniest AAR's i've vere read! ;)

ROFL!!

Closing the blinds when a tank turns its guns towards you is the equivalent of Wile E. Coyote opening an umbrella to protect himself from huge falling boulders! "

As lee corso would say "not so fast my friend"

Think about how CM targeting and LOS issue work?

Sure you can tell the tank to target a given unit but if that unit kills the LOS (by closing the blinds) then it will not fire at that target anymore. :D

Gen

Rubble from the building hit the mortar tube and put it out of action.

Moral of the story is place mortar teams a good distance behind buildings where falling rubble will not break the tube.

I have had it happen to me and it is a tad annoying put true to life.

Try to imagine a building where something hits the front and stuff comes out the back. I think if you think back a few months you might have seen something similar.

A bigger scale but the building you were behind might have been a tad smaller.

This game continually annoys me when I am on the end of "Bad Luck" like having a Sherman taken by a Zhreck at 180 Mtr or having my own Zooka round pass through a MKIV and not do any damage.

It happens and you have to learn to live with it, that or lose a fair amount of hair and put several dents in a nearby wall.

:(

H

Edited because I forgot the recent event of a 1 Stuart of my opponent in the scenario "Armoured Ambush" taking out two Tigers and living to tell the tale. :eek:

[ March 29, 2002, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Originally posted by Holien:

This game continually annoys me when I am on the end of "Bad Luck" like having a Sherman taken by a Zhreck at 180 Mtr or having my own Zooka round pass through a MKIV and not do any damage.

It happens and you have to learn to live with it, that or lose a fair amount of hair and put several dents in a nearby wall.

A reg.bazooka got a 196m kill on my StuG, who was reversing out of 'zook range- damn you Captain Wacky! Like Clark W. Griswold sez, "its all part of the fun, hunny."

Originally posted by Holien:

[QB]

QB]

Tell me about it. I was recently playing Fear in the Fog against the AI. My only piece of armor, a sherman I think, gets bogged and throws it's track first turn. :mad: