The Newbie Tournaments II

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sgt Colon:

Was the choice Of "Medium Rare" for a Sydneysider just pure coincidence, given the current situation?? :eek: :eek: <hr></blockquote>

Sgt C.,

I'm just trying to make you feel welcome. :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Alan Loke:

Uhh..hi...How does a newbie like me join in this Tournie thingy? I must warn though, even the computer AI beats me half the time smile.gif

Thanks!

Alan<hr></blockquote>

Alan,

As of now, all the tournament slots are filled. If you would like to get on the waiting list, email me ( tedquincey@yahoo.com ) and I'll send you a questionnaire.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

This made it to the second page?! Ted is gonna kill us!!!

BUMB BABY!!! :cool:

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]<hr></blockquote>

VJ,

Yup, I just need to decide who will be given an automatic loss. tongue.gif

BUMB?

Hey, the Nordic Tournament II thread just pushed us off the first page! Rally the Newbie's, get them back on the front line!!

BTW, I am still looking for a challenger from the loser's pile. My e-mail box looks rather empty without the continual transfer of *.txt files.

More results from the SuperNewbies:

Splash (German, 51) and Pfc. Dunsel (French, 49) played to a draw in Mighty Mouse. This allowed Splash to maintain his lead from the first leg of Round 1.

So, Splash wins Round 1 with an overall score of 110-90 and advances to Round 2.

Congratulations to Splash!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

More results from the SuperNewbies:

Congratulations to Splash!<hr></blockquote>

Thanx there Ted. After I acquired an early lead I went all fuzzy and warm or something - my whole team went into a snooze and Pfc Dunsel did some very fine chipping -- frustratingly so!

But as it was a twoheader I figured it my obligation just to preserve the points I had.

Besides so many beady little guns lurking beyond the crest really gave me the heeby geeby's. I figured what I couldn't see wouldn't hurt me. ;)

Thanx Pfc Dunsel for the very real excitement and I'll see you on the mound some time in the future.

VJ,

I assume you are referring to the Hobo vs. El Griz

match-up. El Griz was an alternate who stepped in for Pmet. Currently, Hobo and El Griz are playing Down in the Valley, which will be the only scenario they play in the round.

-------

El Griz and I are making slow but steady progress. I doubt we will be done much if any before the deadline at this pace. Something about work and a girlfriend. tongue.gif

Hobo

Ted,

White4 and me are playing your "Blood'n'Steel" scenario while we are waiting for our next challenge.

At turn #4 we haven't still any contact. My soldiers are very nervous. His vehicles starts to be low on fuel and there are no enemies in sight.

Are there any Gas Station? :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Leta:

Ted,

White4 and me are playing your "Blood'n'Steel" scenario while we are waiting for our next challenge.

At turn #4 we haven't still any contact. My soldiers are very nervous. His vehicles starts to be low on fuel and there are no enemies in sight.

Are there any Gas Station? :D <hr></blockquote>

Leta,

Don't worry; there will be plenty of carnage in due time. Then, the last of your worries will be fuel. ;)

I've been looking for the AARs from the tournament in YankeeDog's Tourney AAR thread and in both of SuperTed's Newbie Tournament threads. SuperTed has something like 44 guys who have completed Blind Man's Bluff, and I've counted 7 AARs. And 5 of the 7 are from SuperNewbies like me. Can some more of the players (especially the "more experienced" Garden Variety Newbies and Newbie Rejects) players post AARs so this humble SuperNewbie can learn from their vast wisdom? tongue.gif

I think one of Ted's reasons for starting the tournament is for the learning experience. So tell us how you managed to win gloriously, lose miserably, or tie like I did in Blind Man's Bluff.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dave H:

I've been looking for the AARs from the tournament in YankeeDog's Tourney AAR thread and in both of SuperTed's Newbie Tournament threads. SuperTed has something like 44 guys who have completed Blind Man's Bluff, and I've counted 7 AARs. And 5 of the 7 are from SuperNewbies like me. Can some more of the players (especially the "more experienced" Garden Variety Newbies and Newbie Rejects) players post AARs so this humble SuperNewbie can learn from their vast wisdom? tongue.gif

I think one of Ted's reasons for starting the tournament is for the learning experience. So tell us how you managed to win gloriously, lose miserably, or tie like I did in Blind Man's Bluff.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, what he said! ;)

Hi there. I'm a newbie who doesn't even have the game yet. I've been playing the demo over and over for about a month and a half. Hopefully the full game will arrive on my doorstep in the next week or so. Eventually I'll probably want to get into a match, but I only have a 56k modem. How do you set up your tournaments? Will my modem slow me down too much? Is there a site I can go to that has any pertinent info about this?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Hi there. I'm a newbie who doesn't even have the game yet. I've been playing the demo over and over for about a month and a half. Hopefully the full game will arrive on my doorstep in the next week or so. Eventually I'll probably want to get into a match, but I only have a 56k modem. How do you set up your tournaments? Will my modem slow me down too much? Is there a site I can go to that has any pertinent info about this?<hr></blockquote>

BR,

Welcome to the best online community in the world! :D

Your 56k modem will not be a problem. The vast majority of scenarios in this tournament are played via PBEM and most of the sceanrios are small. So, you probably will not be attaching files larger than 500 kb very often (if ever).

Your question about how I set up tournaments is a bit vague. I would be happy to answer any slightly more specific questions you have.

For the current Newbie tournaments, all the slots are filled. If you would be interested in getting on the waiting list, feel free to email me at tedquincey@yahoo.com .

This BBS has a forum for several areas. Feel free to visit them all to get pertinent information and to ask any questions you might have. There are many helpful people here and I am sure all of your questions will be answered.

Again, welcome!