Have you been playing too much CMBB?

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Sometimes I'll put a CM pic as my desktop wallpaper. I'll sit down in front of the computer and move my mouse to the side of the screen so I can look around the battlefield.

I always do that with screenshots. Always feel like such a tard...but can't stop doing it.

The answer to that question is no. I'm downloading the demo to check it out. I play WWIIOnline all the time. Is this anything like that? Where is the best place for someone to start out? Can you multicrew tanks? I didn't see a newbie forum. Sorry about the new guy questions.

Lt.Col. TuffGI

WWIIOnline Allied Armor Division

12th Royal Lancers

Originally posted by TuffGI:

How is it different from WWIIOnline?

180 degrees, apples and oranges. Hybrid turn-based/real-time vs. first person.

It is, in essense, a simulation of ground combat on a small to moderate scale. You command anything from a few squads and vehicles to whole regiments. I believe someone even made a scenario involving an entire division once, but that is stretching the system.

The difference is, you command, you do not control directly. You order a tank or a squad to move to a location, or target an enemy, and the tactical AI carries out your order to the best of its abilities.

Try the demo. It will be immediately obvious they are different beasts entirely.

TuffGI, I'm a WW2OLer.

The games are completely different. CM is not a game of reflexes or first person simulation, its a simulation in command.

WW2OL is the best "first person" war sim out there, and CM is the best 3rd person command sim out there.

Try the demo, then get the game...have fun smile.gif

Iron...I feel for you, I've been suffering from the same problem myself the past few days. I got my papers done though...

What classes are you taking? That effects how much you can blow off.

Originally posted by busboy:

Iron...I feel for you, I've been suffering from the same problem myself the past few days. I got my papers done though...

Problems? Problems! Get down on your bony knees right now and thank God you don't have to worry about quarter closes, a misplaced invoice for two dollars and forty-two f'in cents, like the one I spent half the day looking for, and that whole swirling constellation of CRAP known as a job.

Actually, I will probably be applying to have those problems again this winter. So on second thought, get off your knees and wish me luck getting a fellowship!

Heheheh. Papers, papers, papers. . . . speaking of which, I just posted one in the general discussion forum for some reason. I'm a philosophy major. . . lots of reading and thinking involved. . .can be very hard on the head. Especially when I feel like a mindless evening of CM. Luckily, no math this semester. WOOHOO!!! But I have Asian History, English, a couple Phil classes, and Meditation (for Theology requirement.)

What about you?

Oh, yeah. Good luck Malakovski. tongue.gif

[ October 03, 2002, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: IronChef4 ]

Ah, I was a philosophy and history major myself, with a little religion and ancient Greek on the side. Four years well spent.

I thought it would be a good idea to do something other than school for a while after graduation...BAD IDEA.

Insofar as you think, and the deeper the more so, the working world is not for you. The absurdity of it's petty heirarchies and the grave seriousness with which it takes its trivial business grates on the soul.

So back to school I go! I must get in touch with my old profs and see if any of them is in charge of admissions these days...

PS Recognize the quotes under my sig? I am fishing for philosophical brtherern with them...

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Sometimes I'll put a CM pic as my desktop wallpaper. I'll sit down in front of the computer and move my mouse to the side of the screen so I can look around the battlefield.

That's when I know it is time to go to bed. smile.gif

I've been doing that with some of the screenshots of late.

Damn, I wish CDV would have had the rights to Canada; I can't take all these late nights.

Thanks to you too, Charlie!

Originally posted by IronChef4:

I know that I've been playing too much when I am posting on this damn forum when I should be writing a f***ing paper thats due in 9 hours. . . . and its 1:48 AM!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRG!!! :(

I guess I'm not playing enough... as I have been turning my papers in on time.... Now as for sleep? Naahhhh the commissars never needed it ...neither do I ;)

Originally posted by Malakovski:

Ah, I was a philosophy and history major myself, with a little religion and ancient Greek on the side. Four years well spent.

I thought it would be a good idea to do something other than school for a while after graduation...BAD IDEA.

Insofar as you think, and the deeper the more so, the working world is not for you. The absurdity of it's petty heirarchies and the grave seriousness with which it takes its trivial business grates on the soul.

So back to school I go! I must get in touch with my old profs and see if any of them is in charge of admissions these days...

PS Recognize the quotes under my sig? I am fishing for philosophical brtherern with them...

Years of college and thats the best exscuse you can come up with? :D

Get a job slacker!

Ok Here is my typical day in CMBB..

Wake up! Bowl of Cereal..some Fruit,,, Bowl in hand move to CPU...Turn on Monitor Crank up CMBB...Look at scenario editor previous nights work... Alt Tab.. Check e-mail, open browser home page is CMBB Forum... check out new posts of interest... Check order status at book buying sites of all used OStfront Books bought online...Close scenario editor... Off to class it is now 8am,,,back at noon, play a scenario off CD while eating PB&J.... Back to Lab at School...Home around 5pm...Turn on TV to Playoffs, back to Computer... Read new Postings... Finish scenario... Read current book on OSTFRONT at least two chapters, Study for School, back to Computer , start work on scenario design... Start new scenario from CD... Check e-mails for PBEMS for CMBB.... Eat at Computer Leftovers from Dinner Kiss wife goodnight... Finish scenario...listen to Jay Leno monologue... work on scenario design, move to bed read more from OSTfront with booklight(do not want to wake up wife)... :cool:

10 hours CMBB

6 Hours School

1 hour travel

2 hours reading for CMBB

5 hours sleep

Sending wife to Visit Family, only talk when going to and from work... :cool:

Will have more time with her as learning curve developed...planning weekend at B&B at Mendocino Late October... ;)

[ October 03, 2002, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Mr_Gonzo_The_Rooster ]

Tonight as I was carrying groceries in from the car, I glanced down at the Diet Dr. Pepper 12-pack and did a double take. I saw the outline of a vehicle beside what looked like the word "Panzerjager"; what it really said was was "Wranglers", as in the Jeep SUV. They are doing some kind of giveaway. (Of SUVs, not tank hunters.)

I think this counts as a sign of playing too much Combat Mission.

Guy

Originally posted by Malakovski:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by IronChef4:

I know that I've been playing too much when I am posting on this damn forum when I should be writing a f***ing paper thats due in 9 hours. . . . and its 1:48 AM!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRG!!! :(

Ahh...I miss college.</font>