Waaahhh! Why did they translate it?? (CM1 mods for CM2?)

Just bought CMBB today, and was dissapointed to see CDV have translated the game for the German market. Seems they've also cleansed the "usual supspects" (no Waffen-SS mentioned in the manual, just "Waffengrenadiere" LOL!). :rolleyes:

Anyhow: I just hope there's a way to change the language back to english, is anyone already aware of a way to do this?

One more question: Do the sound / graphics / flags / etc. mods for CM: BO work for CM: BB as well?

Sascha

LOL Para!

Well, it looks like I was a bit premature with my scream of terror here. The translation is actually quite good, compared with what german players had to put up with in other games in the past.

Some minor glitches are there however. For those of you who speak German: "Schwerer/Leichter Maschinengewehr" (should be "Schweres/Leichtes", "Kampfwille" (why not stick with "Moral"?) Munition "Gering" (low) is too long a word to fit into the ammo indicator, etc.

Like I said: There seem to be more correct translations and ones fitting the context ("festgenagelt", "abgekämpft", etc.) than I could find errors yet, so please excuse my premature whine. Now all I need are some better samples, historical flags and designations and I'm set... smile.gif

Sascha

Yep, same opinion here. The german manual is well translated, some minor quibble but nothing that would cause me a headache. I've read much worse english manuals...

The briefings I've read so far are all pretty good, a typo here and there but overall very good quality.

The most important info is in the printed manual, and 90 pages now a days isn't bad anyway.

So, as far as I'm concerned, BFC/CDV did a good job here.

When I emailed CDV when I could expect CMBB to be delivered I got a personal answer within two days.

[ September 20, 2002, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]