Will we be able to buy CMBB with debit or (bank account card)?

Originally posted by murpes:

I can't say for Mastercard, but I make purchases with my Visa debit card as a credit card all the time.

Just a word of caution regarding debit cards & internet purchasing... IIRC debit cards are not protected the same way credit cards are against fraud.

While BFC is reputable (I can't beleive I'm saying that) ;) making debit card purchases online is supposed to be risky.

Clean-up that credit! :D

Aloid

Ditto to the above warnings about debit cards, but as far as the mechanics of using one to purchase something online, it's pretty much identical to a credit card, so I really doubt you will have a problem. You sometimes run into trouble with debit cards if you're using one to rent something like a car - here the rental company uses your good credit on the credit card as a way of effectively securing collateral on the rented property. Since BFC is selling you the game, that's not an issue.

Cheers,

YD

In my experience, there might be problems with using a debit card to purchase a product from america or canada from europe( or britain in particular). Switch cards and solo will probably not work, a mastercard i am not sure about but it will probably okay.

Originally posted by Aloid:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by murpes:

I can't say for Mastercard, but I make purchases with my Visa debit card as a credit card all the time.

Just a word of caution regarding debit cards & internet purchasing... IIRC debit cards are not protected the same way credit cards are against fraud.

While BFC is reputable (I can't beleive I'm saying that) ;) making debit card purchases online is supposed to be risky.

Clean-up that credit! :D

Aloid</font>

hmm they dont take Mastercard? why thats kind of stupid.

and im not a kid so why would i as my mother to use her visa?

last i checked she had a mastercard.

im 19 and in college and dont have a steddy job, and got denied credit when i applyed. i only have a Mastercard/CitiBank card.

Maybe you could do a Search, but the reason was, I think, that the procedures for them with MC would be more costly than with Visa.

Maybe you could get Visa Electron (orsomefink...), it's not a credit card but can be used for e-trade.

No reason to get offended, I was just joking with the mom bit, silly me!

I'm pretty sure a Mastercard was what I used for buying CMBO, as well (*). Mind you, it was at least a year after I'd heard about the game, so maybe policy changed 'tween initial release and when I bought.

(*) I did have a Visa card as well at the time, but I've never used it except on purchases that would exceed my bank's debit card limit -- which CMBO, at ~$45, definitely did not. So I'm pretty sure I used the MC debit.

Since you use Citibank -- I seem to recall that Citibank offers a lil' program which generate single-use credit card numbers (and you can set a dollar limit on the transaction size, further reducing the risk). If you're worried, you might want to look into it and see whether they offer the same program for debit card users.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I bought CMBO online with Mastercard - go to the orders page, you still can.

Whoops... redface.gif I don't know how it hit my brain, then. Well, maybe I confused it with Soviet Express or somefink!

P.S. I just checked that from BFC sales policy. Now, I don't know if any of you have noticed this or not, but the URL of that page is interesting... (hint: www.combatmission2.com)

[ August 31, 2002, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Sergei ]