Yong Combat Mission Players???

I think, when freezing in that foxhole getting shot at, it really makes little difference if those high-velocity rounds screaming in at you were 75mm or 88mm. Any way you carried it, they were big, fast and scary.

As for the TDs, possibly the same story. Except friendlier and comforting. No need to split hairs over designation, just keep in mind that the TDs could put a hole thru a panzer.

WWB

PS: For the record I am 24. When I was 19 I was enjoying life at a rich kid party school. A lot better place to be than Noiville. And I thank my grandfathers for that.

[ February 20, 2002, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: wwb_99 ]

Guys, I have warned you all before, it is NOT your job to validate someones ID, so just drop it. I happen to ALSO live in Cincinnati and the new Iron Chefs IP matches an origin at Xavier University (which is down the street from me, and NO you can't come over!) so just drop the amatuer detective routines and leave running and admining the board to me!

Madmatt

Now, to get back somewhat on topic, Donald R. Burgett has three other books Curahee (all about Normandy), Road to Arnhem (about guess what?) and a new one (which I havent seen yet) all about his part during Operation Nordwind which I am VERY MUCH interested in getting. These books (along with 7 Roads to Hell about Bastogne) are classics and come HIGHLY recommended.

Madmatt

Um. . .this is very odd. It seems that some have jumped to conclusions over a few minor coincidences . . .strange. I have always used IronChef4 as my gaming tag. I can assure you all that I am a newbie here and have only been playing CM for about three weeks. (Although I beleieve that I was born with some innate ability to MASTER the game.) Muahahahahaha!!!! If you really expect me to e-mail you over such a silly thing, don't bother checking for my message.

Anyway. . .I hope that I haven't upset anyone.

Happy gaming, everyone!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

I admit i've been immature on here at times, but i can assure you i'm 24.

And I, child, am a descendant of English Royalty. You may kneel, peasant, and await my pleasure while I go crack that upstart Charles alongside the head for his awful behaviour.

Call me cynical, call me judgemental, but I can't help but wonder at a thread started by 'IronChef4', no email address given, responded to by 'Iron Chef Sakai', freebie yahoo account given, in which the two exchange chummy remarks about the 'Iron Chef' program. Add to this the fact that the thread is about whether there are any 'Yong' (note classic 'Iron Chef Sakai' spelling technique) CM players, and Iron Chef Sakai shows up to claim, yet again, to be 24, when every one of his posts points to someone in the 12-14 age group, and I very nearly strain a facial muscle attempting to keep an eyebrow from rising in disbelief.

Really, lad. It's degrading to hold conversations with yourself to maintain a fiction. ;) </font>

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Guys, I have warned you all before, it is NOT your job to validate someones ID, so just drop it. I happen to ALSO live in Cincinnati and the new Iron Chefs IP matches an origin at Xavier University (which is down the street from me, and NO you can't come over!) so just drop the amatuer detective routines and leave running and admining the board to me!

Madmatt

sigh I shall have to turn in my amateur detective badge (it's much nicer than Slapdragon's real badge), as I'm just no good at it.

Apologies, Matt, the new IronChef4, and, our very own (and apparently unique) Iron Chef Sakai.

Slapdragon, you toad, you still owe me a Taunt.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

Madmatt

sigh I shall have to turn in my amateur detective badge (it's much nicer than Slapdragon's real badge), as I'm just no good at it.

Apologies, Matt, the new IronChef4, and, our very own (and apparently unique) Iron Chef Sakai.

Slapdragon, you toad, you still owe me a Taunt.</font>

No no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just finished this conversation!

By far, BY FAR, most players here are in their 30's and 40's. The average age was 37 or so.

I myself am 22 year old, but we are a minority here! If you want to feel older, go play Day of Defeat: average age there: 14; average mental age: 8; average maturity age: 3.

Chad

Originally posted by wwb_99:

[QB]I think, when freezing in that foxhole getting shot at, it really makes little difference if those high-velocity rounds screaming in at you were 75mm or 88mm. Any way you carried it, they were big, fast and scary.

As for the TDs, possibly the same story. Except friendlier and comforting. No need to split hairs over designation, just keep in mind that the TDs could put a hole thru a panzer.

WWB

QB]

'Xactly. My father would be amazed that there are people here who can recognize all the german tanks at a glance, down to sub-variations. He was a rifleman in the 28th ID, and to this day, all german tanks were tigers, all german artillery was 88mm, and every shot fired during the war was more or less aimed at him. Not all participants are Grogs.

HAHAHAHA,

I can just see it now:

next on the Food Network:

Iron Chef

Battle: Combat Mission

Two Iron Chefs pitted against each other in non-culinary contest!

If the reason you all want me to post my e-mail addy is so that you can prove to yourselves that I'm not myself, THEN FORGET IT! hahaha

If you're interested in a game, however. . . .

[ February 20, 2002, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: IronChef4 ]

Originally posted by IronChef4:

HAHAHAHA,

I can just see it now:

next on the Food Network:

Iron Chef

Battle: Combat Mission

Two Iron Chefs pitted against each other in non-culinary contest!

If the reason you all want me to post my e-mail addy is so that you can prove to yourselves that I'm not myself, THEN FORGET IT! hahaha

If you're interested in a game, however. . . .

I thought i've seen the Iron Chefs come close to commiting Hiri Kiri when they lose to a challenger.......the last thing that show needs is a tactical combat game where 2 oppononets of the highest skill are pitted against each other in a scenario in wich both oppononets have a set number of turn to defeat the other, one will bring glory to himself and family, where the other is dishonored and shamed....hmmmmm nevermind i think those crazy chefs have more stratedgy in the kitchen then we do playing a tactical combat simulator. Those guys are so intense a close game of CMBO would probably calm their nerves.