Yong Combat Mission Players???

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

I'm 24,hehe

It gets funnier every time you make this claim.

On the other hand, no one actually believes it, so maybe it's your priceless sense that you're actually fooling anyone that is the most amusing.</font>

Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

I admit i've been immature on here at times, but i can assure you i'm 24.

And I, child, am a descendant of English Royalty. You may kneel, peasant, and await my pleasure while I go crack that upstart Charles alongside the head for his awful behaviour.

Call me cynical, call me judgemental, but I can't help but wonder at a thread started by 'IronChef4', no email address given, responded to by 'Iron Chef Sakai', freebie yahoo account given, in which the two exchange chummy remarks about the 'Iron Chef' program. Add to this the fact that the thread is about whether there are any 'Yong' (note classic 'Iron Chef Sakai' spelling technique) CM players, and Iron Chef Sakai shows up to claim, yet again, to be 24, when every one of his posts points to someone in the 12-14 age group, and I very nearly strain a facial muscle attempting to keep an eyebrow from rising in disbelief.

Really, lad. It's degrading to hold conversations with yourself to maintain a fiction. ;)

[ February 20, 2002, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by CMplayer:

Donny Burgett was 19 at Noville. He was hanging out doing stuff like waiting for a German tank to drive off his foxhole, where it had been parked a while, so if it got brewed up he wouldn't be trapped in there with his buddy like in an oven.

I actually got to meet this guy and talk with him. Truly amazing to listen to his stories. He's got his own narrative, but he's also got a lot of Ambrose factoids thrown in there almost verbatim from Band of Brothers...His books are awesome though, very original works.

In person, you'll never meet a cooler guy. He still has the shrapnel that went into his body. (It's rusty, about 13 inches long and very scary looking) He said it came out of an arty round. YIKES!

I'm rewatching Band of Brothers, and my Grandfather, amazingly enough, grew up with one of the guys that was in Easy. He said when the guy came home everyone wanted to talk to him all the time, but he just wanted to drink and be alone. After about 3 years he calls my Grandfather up and they have a little chat about nothing in particular (old times like High School, girls, etc.).

It was nice to hear that.

My Grandfather was in the Navy (CA-71 Quincy) and his was preparing for the invasion of Southern France on his 19th birthday. He told me that on my 19th birthday...made me feel crappy because I was like...hmmmm...what have I done so far? Pitched a no hitter in the local little league championship?

So...Happy Birthday!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Really, lad. It's degrading to hold conversations with yourself to maintain a fiction. ;)

I agree Sean, does this mean you will quit posting to the pool though, or are you going to bribe someone to read your drivel?

Tell you what Iron Chef and Iron Chef4. send me an e-mail at my address listed please. Just write "e-mail for you" subject and no text in the body.

Originally posted by medlinke:

He's got his own narrative, but he's also got a lot of Ambrose factoids thrown in there almost verbatim from Band of Brothers...His books are awesome though, very original works.

I'll second that. I don't know what you mean by the Ambrose factoids, but he does 'fill out' his own rifleman perspective with the big picture of the campaigns he was in. That must have been derived from somewhere.

In _Company Commander_, also a great book, you always go to sleep with the Captain and then get woken up by some message from the poor guys getting attacked in some freezing foxhole somewhere. You hear some shooting, call in an arty concentration and things are better.

But in Burgett's books you're in that outpost freezing, not even sure who the current officer in charge of the Company is. And a good Captain is just one who doesn't hassle the men. It's a refreshing change.

There are lot's of questions I could ask about these factoids you mentioned, especially wrt to the tiger/88 syndrome, but I'd just like to ask one, in case you know about it. At Noville when they were hooked up with DeSobry's CC he refers again and again to the TDs having a 'big 90mm gun'. But the scenarios I've seen almost always use M-10s or Hellcats. What's the story on that?