Chance Encounter, Last Defense etc

Could someone please email the two scenarios which came with the gold demo? I think they were Chance Encounter and Last Defense, I have not played them for a while.

Preferably the originals, though if you can email any tweaked versions, so much the better!

Maybe other people wanting the orginal demo scenarios could post their email addresses in this thread. Mine is m.batespbem@btinternet.com

I have played the demo as recently as a week agao, and the two scenarios were Chance Encounter and Vally of Trouble. I saved Valley of trouble and copied it into my scenarios when I got the whole game cuz it was such a kickass scenario. Chance Encounter comes with the game. (At least with version 1.12)

Originally posted by IronChef4:

I have played the demo as recently as a week agao, and the two scenarios were Chance Encounter and Vally of Trouble. I saved Valley of trouble and copied it into my scenarios when I got the whole game cuz it was such a kickass scenario. Chance Encounter comes with the game. (At least with version 1.12)

A history of Demos:

In the beginning, there was darkness. Then Steve and Charles said "let there be a beta demo." And it was good, although there wasn't any ambush command and panzershrecks couldn't run. The beta came with two scenarios, Reisburg and Last Defense. Both were a ton of fun, and much better than anything we'd ever played before.

And on the second day, Steve and Charles said "The graphics are too dark. Let there be a gold demo" And it was even better than before. This one came with two new scenarios, Chance Encounter and Valley of Trouble. Once again the legions of CM fans rejoyced, and predicted the coming of the full game.

[ February 20, 2002, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: 109 Gustav ]

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

A history of Demos:

In the beginning, there was darkness. Then Steve and Charles said "let there be a beta demo." And it was good, although there wasn't any ambush command and panzershrecks couldn't run. The beta came with two scenarios, Reisburg and Last Defense. Both were a ton of fun, and much better than anything we'd ever played before.

And on the second day, Steve and Charles said "The graphics are too dark. Let there be a gold demo" And it was even better than before. This one came with two new scenarios, Chance Encounter and Valley of Trouble. Once again the legions of CM fans rejoyced, and predicted the coming of the full game.

Don't forget that lo, on towards the end of the first day, when they were done making the beta demo and before they delivered the gold demo they saw fit to grace us with a bonus scenario for use with the beta demo, Chance Encounter. And it was good. But there was much gnashing of teeth and lo, they decided not to give us any more scenarios that worked with the beta demo, because making them was hard.

--Chris

A history of Demos:

In the beginning, there was darkness. Then Steve and Charles said "let there be a beta demo."

CUT! CUT!!!

No No No, the line reads "In the beginning there was darkness. Then Steve and Charles said "Let there be the Alpha battle." The Epic battle between the dashingly handsome German commander, Fionn (Ahhh, %#@*% Jabos!!!) and the horribly disfigured American commander, Moon (How the %#$@* did he take out my Jumbo???) Remember? Good. Ok, places everyone...Ready...and action!

I agree that Chance Encounter is THE classic CMBO scenario. . .

I played it for weeks by myself and with a friend before actually getting my own copy of the game. . .oh about a week or so ago.

YES YES. . I KNOW. Those were dark times indeed. . . Over 2 years without CMBO. . . Im sorry, I can't discuss such things. . .