Old Dog's (72) map QB Mapset available

Just uploaded at CM Mod Database is version 2.0 of my QB Mapset. The number of maps has been increased from (54) to (72), including another fishing town, a large urban area with a park, a coastal town, and more. Two new map categories have been added, and some revisions to the original maps in the set have been made as well. See the included README file for more details.

The mapset was made from (24) hand-made "master" maps with logical topography and objective areas. Each master was then trimmed to create a Russian attack map, a German attack map, and a meeting engagement map with the same objective area. A few screenshots of new maps:

A lovely coastal town:

coastalSS.jpg

A factory complex on the steppe:

FactorySS.jpg

A northern town in a valley:

RavineSS.jpg

Each map is tagged for German attack, Soviet attack or meeting engagement as appropriate. Maps are suited for 800 to 1600+ point QB's either against the AI or a human opponent. Hope you enjoy them.

- Old Dog

Thank you Sir, and well done. I have been increasingly dissatisfied with the few CD scenarios I have attempted to play, and find the QB generated maps to be, umm, unsatifactory.

I very much appreciate your efforts, and judging from the screenshots, your talent.

OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer

Just had a quick look at three or four of these. Great stuff, OD! It'll certainly make QBs against the AI a more lively affair. I'd been despairing of ever finding a really playable computer-generated map that looked even vaguely realistic. Now, I don't even have to try for quite a while smile.gif

Originally posted by OGSF:

Thank you Sir, and well done. I have been increasingly dissatisfied with the few CD scenarios I have attempted to play, and find the QB generated maps to be, umm, unsatifactory.

I very much appreciate your efforts, and judging from the screenshots, your talent.

OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer

Whaddya say we have a rematch on one of these maps? I'll leave it to you to download and choose, as I am at home with slow dial-up.

Originally posted by vedder:

Great pack, I love the village 2 map , i believe it was. Finally gave me a chance to use assault boats in a QB.

Vedder, you need to try a game on the Town3 map, it's on the coast, and the setup zones for both sides have LOTS of assault boat possibilities. :D

- Old Dog

Originally posted by Old Dog:

Vedder, you need to try a game on the Town3 map, it's on the coast, and the setup zones for both sides have LOTS of assault boat possibilities. :D

- Old Dog

Awesome, I definately will try that out, perhaps even today! smile.gif Thanks again. Oh, btw, have you ever considered making a few small maps too for those quick 1000 - 1250 qbs with 20+ turns? I love every map ive played from this pack but sometimes you are just in a rush and don't feel like breaking up the game. :D